Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting!
Quote | Reply
Order trisuit and other goodies from LOVETHEPAIN.COM ($385.80 worth). Its been 14 weeks and no sign and no tracking number to demonstrate the order has been shipped (despite repeated requests). Am I being scammed?

Cheers in advance, Mark
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [TRILABUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRILABUK wrote:
Order trisuit and other goodies from LOVETHEPAIN.COM ($385.80 worth). Its been 14 weeks and no sign and no tracking number to demonstrate the order has been shipped (despite repeated requests). Am I being scammed?

Cheers in advance, Mark

there's an epic thread on here about that company.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRILABUK wrote:

Cheers in advance, Mark

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...lovethepain#p6500233

Quote | Reply
TRILABUK wrote:
Am I being scammed?

Yes.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Mar 3, 20 8:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At this point anyone who orders from LTP deserves what they get (or don't get). I don't understand how that company is still in business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d cancel it on the credit card.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRILABUK wrote:

Cheers in advance, Mark

I went to the website for the first time.

$99 to $125 USD for a pair of speedos? $199 for training jammers? Are they on crack or what?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's tons of hate for this brand, but realistically, I have a jersey and a t-shirt from them. The jersey is by far my favorite that I own (over Pactimo, Castelli, etc.). If you have a while to wait and capitalize on their 50% off sales, it's worth it.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
There's tons of hate for this brand, but realistically, I have a jersey and a t-shirt from them. The jersey is by far my favorite that I own (over Pactimo, Castelli, etc.). If you have a while to wait and capitalize on their 50% off sales, it's worth it.

It's worth it if you ever receive the product. That's the point, most people are not receiving what they order and in some cases when they do get it, it has been pre-worn by a fat hairy guy named Gus. Hard pass for me.

If you like their stuff, I recommend ordering the Chinese knockoffs from AlieExpress. Way more reliable if that tells you anything.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they regularly have 50-65% off sales, so you can ignore their pricing.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

so only $100 for a pair of training jammers?? you're killing me....

Besides, I can't stand that sales tactic from a manufacturer. I get it from the standpoint of clearing out discontinued products, but in the normal course of business.... no thanks....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

I can't stand that sales tactic from a manufacturer. I get it from the standpoint of clearing out discontinued products, but in the normal course of business.... no thanks....

Agreed.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

I can't stand that sales tactic from a manufacturer. I get it from the standpoint of clearing out discontinued products, but in the normal course of business.... no thanks....

Agreed.

Same thing almost killed Rapha (per Simon Mottram in an interview I read somewhere) - it apparently got to the point that everyone just kept waiting for the sales and not buying enough at regular prices to keep the brand afloat.

And yet LTP keeps on going, despite using a similar approach - then again, not even a well-deserved and documented reputation for abysmal delivery and customer service has been enough to sink them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRILABUK wrote:

Cheers in advance, Mark

Come on man, it is just 14 weeks.....why are you complaining ?? For LTP this is just a normal way of business :-):-).

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't Rudy Project use this same approach? I feel like every 2-3 months I see a 50% off sale from them.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
Doesn't Rudy Project use this same approach? I feel like every 2-3 months I see a 50% off sale from them.

And Xterra wetsuits, although you don't have to wait 2-3 months. They are always on sale.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
TRILABUK wrote:

Cheers in advance, Mark

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...lovethepain#p6500233

"One should always consult Slowtwitch before doing anything"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With other reputable options out there I can’t understand why anyone would order from them. Many have had your experience.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:

A bit different. I've never had to wait months for my Rudy Project purchases. In fact they ship immediately depending on the time of day.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

One of my mates has been waiting over 6 months, you should see the responses he gets about his goods, he has been told multiple times it is in production, then it is being shipped on Monday and be patient its coming.... it is beyond a joke the lies, they are hopeless!!! This company should be shut down by some regulator for their business practices.
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
And yet LTP keeps on going, despite using a similar approach - then again, not even a well-deserved and documented reputation for abysmal delivery and customer service has been enough to sink them.

Ellie Salthouse and Radka Kahlefeldt (and I think a few men, too) have moved on to new apparel sponsors so at least LTP isn't getting as much attention from their followers
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
With other reputable options out there I can’t understand why anyone would order from them. Many have had your experience.

I can't believe they are still in business. I'm convinced that's it a front for money laundering, it can't possibly be profitable. Absolute shit reputation, the amount of return customers must be close to zero and this in a time of relative austerity...
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

I can't believe they are still in business. I'm convinced that's it a front for money laundering, it can't possibly be profitable. Absolute shit reputation, the amount of return customers must be close to zero and this in a time of relative austerity...

They are still in business (and make some $$$) because of how they probably run things.

-Don't stock any inventory. Just design stuff and take orders.

-Wait until you have some break quantity of units before sending a production order to your offshore supplier.

This leads to a self-funding operation, since you have all the sales $$$$ before you need to spend anything getting the production done. It also means you never really know when you will be able to ship someone's order, since you need to wait for more orders to come in to hit the break.

LTP clearly doesn't care if customers are left waiting for extraordinarily long times, and isn't upfront about how long it takes to get what you ordered.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: LOVETHEPAIN....of waiting! [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANKS HAVE READ - I should have looked about before purchase.
Quote Reply

Prev Next