Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
LG P-09 aero helmet
Quote | Reply
I ordered both a S and M size. My head is exactly 22" in circumference which is the upper end of S and lower end of M so I'm going to try both to see which fits best. Anyone tried the helmets on (paging Aero Camp guys) and can offer some feedback on sizing? I would imagine going with the small would make the most aero sense assuming it fits???

I plan on just returning the one I'm not going to keep but if someone wants to buy the other one (more than likely the M) I'd be willing to sell it to you.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on when these are coming out? I have this and wingspan on order currently. I almost ordered a small as well, but doubt I can get it on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the exact same head size (22"/right on SM cutoff) and whatever we had at the camp fit nicely. Stupidly I didn't write down what size we were testing, but I believe it was a small. Confident enough that it was a small I went ahead and ordered...but I may be wrong! I'll let you know when it gets here.

For reference I fit well in a Small/Medium Selector and Small/Medium Wingspan.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a small that we had at camp.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP:

In that case the small fit nicely and with room to spare on my 22" head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
OP:

In that case the small fit nicely and with room to spare on my 22" head.

I wonder if I should just cancel the M order???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hate to give a definitive answer with the possibility of it being wrong, but I wouldn't bother with it. I had a decent amount of "dial" room left and the helmet is nice and easy to get on with the elastic ear flaps and hinged visor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry Gman to slightly hijack your thread,
Jack i was wondering what you remember from your testing of helmets. I have a bit of a dilemma. Im in Aus and our helmet choice is a bit limited in some respects. I have a wingspan from the US, but our tri club is cracking down on that AUS standards sticker due to an accident in which a competitor went down and had a Bell javelin from overseas aswell. Insurance may be a problem for her.
In any event, how did the Wing 57 test? I know it wasnt up there, but the P09 wont be available here till novemeber. The other options include the first LG vortice, giro series of helmets, kask, lasar tardiz and the wing 57. I may have missed a couple. I have quite a small noggin and the wingspan has been good to me, but was there any other helmets amongst the list that tested ok/near the P09?
Thanks and sorry Gman for the derailing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 57-58cm head and normally wear a Med in most helmets (Specialized, Giro, Bell). I was able to squeeze my head into the small. I kind of have a more narrow/long head shape than round. Some of the people there couldn't get their heads into it. I'm on the fence myself about whether to size up or not. I'll probably end up with the small though.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Standard disclaimer: Helmets will always be super personal. With that said here were my specific results and generalizations.

P-09: Fast and already ordered
McLaren: Fast, but slower than P-09
Wingspan: Good, but not best.

Didn't get a chance to test the Wing57, but it certainly wasn't the star of the show that the P-09 was. Aero helmets trump any sort of aero road lid.
Last edited by: JTolandTRI: Feb 8, 14 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems out of the claimed fit range for the small, I'm 57.5 and use small rudy project normally there goes to 58, so should I get the small p09? Smaller the better if I can where it comfortably. Is it really November 2014 on these?
Last edited by: Mdfletcher: Feb 8, 14 19:45
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdfletcher wrote:
That seems out of the claimed fit range for the small, I'm 57.5 and use small rudy project normally there goes to 58, so should I get the small p09? Smaller the better if I can where it comfortably. Is it really November 2014 on these?
from australia yeh, we have strict testing procedures etc that take foreever to be passed. This is what LG told me anyway. I assume the US has them out already?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mdfletcher wrote:

Unless you get a chance to try it on, I'd go with what is on the fit chart. It was a very tight squeeze on me.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
both the wingspan 57 and LG09 are on perpetual back order in the US. Not sure if its a safety approval or availability. I ordered both sizes now as the OP, I can send back the one that doesn't fit or at least sell it for what I paid for it based on the current back orders. does anyone know if the P09 are available in Germany or UK?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we are fortunate that the wing 57 is available now in Aus.....long way off the 09 though, i will have to pull the trigger on the rudy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in US , CS said they they had anticipated starting to ship them next week, not guaranteed, rather anticipated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The blue P-09 is available in Canada and the other colours will be available in March according to LG in Canada.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
in US , CS said they they had anticipated starting to ship them next week, not guaranteed, rather anticipated

I got an email stating....

We wanted to let you know that your order will be slightly delayed. We expect to ship your order in its entirety in 1 week. Note that we do not charge you for items until they are available for shipment.

If you still want to receive the order at this later date, no action is required. You will receive an email update with tracking information when the order has shipped.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who are/is CS?

in the US is there a better/faster way to get them than ordering from the LG website?
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I realize this thread is about the LG-09 fit, availabilty , and aeroness.... But how does it compare to the Vortice for cooling?

I do well in the heat and usually don't have an opinion on helmet venting but I found the Vortice (NO visor) to run MUCH hotter than the Wingspan!

Since the LG-09 looks so similar to the Vortice... Has there been more info or comparisons in the venting/cooling aspect of the LG-09 ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those who have a P09 on order, was it through the LG online shop or another retailer?

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
For those who have a P09 on order, was it through the LG online shop or another retailer?

Through LG.

Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [cobalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't speak for the Vortice, and quite frankly not many people have even had it on their heads, but there was significantly more air flow than the Giro Selector. FWIW I've never overheated in the selector.

Heath Dotson
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [cobalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a wingspan and a rocket air, the wingspan is cooler than the rocket air. The rocket air seems faster head up, if you put the tail in the air it seems slower than the the wingspan. My data is sketchy not as controlled as the velo testing ex-cyclist and the others did, therefore using the word "seems"

I don't know how the vortice compares to rocket air.
Quote Reply

Prev Next