Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
LA had The Madone, what do you have?
Quote | Reply
LA had a particular ride, The Madone, that he would do before each Tour de France to get a gauge for his fitness.

Do you have a workout that is your final test to see how your fitness is before going into a race?
Quote Reply
Re: LA had The Madone, what do you have? [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, I have a loop with no stop lights. at different points in the season I will warm up by riding to the loop (3 miles), hammer the loop as hard as I can 10 laps (11 miles) and then spin home easy. I take the average of my best three consecutive laps and record that, which I keep a spreadsheet of.

--
"It's too bad stupidity isn't painful."
-Anton LaVey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old la honda.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mount Weather - Virginia

http://bikewashington.org/...es/bluerdg/index.htm

------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/tridave

| Bonzai Sports | Blue Seventy | First Endurance |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not for cycling but for running 10x400 with the 1 minute rest.
Quote Reply
Re: LA had The Madone, what do you have? [doTheRunningMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those hurt as well as 5x200 with 90 second rest, but the best way to put some speed in your run. I also like a fairly steep 90 secon climb to sprint up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
%FTP wrote:
LA had a particular ride, The Madone, that he would do before each Tour de France to get a gauge for his fitness.

That was just the codeword for the visit he would make to Dr Ferrari's office every year before the Tour.
Quote Reply
Re: LA had The Madone, what do you have? [The Authority] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Authority wrote:
%FTP wrote:

That was just the codeword for the visit he would make to Dr Ferrari's office every year before the Tour.

That ‘aint’ in pink...

I always thought human beings who accuse other human beings without proof should be tarred and feathered in public. But, if that floats your boat, go ahead and be that way. As long as you are happy?

Anyway, the thread asks for your go-to-test-of-fitness. I do a loop in the Beaver Valley of Northern Delaware. It climbs a hill dubbed "Deadman's Hill." It's on Beaver Valley road not too far from the Concord Mall. It's a great loop because it tests your bike skills as well as your climbing legs. It's my training domain that lets me taste blood. When I go there it's because I had a bad day or I am getting ready for my A-race.
Quote Reply
Re: LA had The Madone, what do you have? [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll learn that some posters on ST disregard thread titles and just post useless run people down material without posting anything relevant or contributing to the topic in any way.

Just disregard the Mr. Authority's post or pretend you didn't read it. Some people just live to be a douche.
Quote Reply
Re: LA had The Madone, what do you have? [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
You'll learn that some posters on ST disregard thread titles and just post useless run people down material without posting anything relevant or contributing to the topic in any way.

Just disregard the Mr. Authority's post or pretend you didn't read it. Some people just live to be a douche.

hahahahaha... :)

It bothers me when people talk sh!t about people they have never even meant. The way I see it is like this; If I am face to face with someone that I have a problem with and I have the balls to say whatever I damn well feel like saying, I most likely will go ahead and say it to their face. But, I have never taken part in something as obtrusive as the "Deformation of Ones Character." It’s not about Lance, his bike or his journey back to life. It is about the days that were before the safety of hiding behind your computer screen as you run your mouth (or cursing fingers). I hate the hipsters that get a job in local bike shops (and in my case, surf shops) and hide behind the counter and talk sh!t as soon as their (key word, THEIR) customer walks out. I liked when a good ass kicking, a solid punch to the left eye brow, or just a 'good talking to' did the job. These days, every one is so freaking tough behind their screens ranting and raging about stories that 'could' be twisted, missing or just not even true.

"I said where'd you get your information from huh? You think that you can front when revelation comes?" Beastie Boys
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every morning. On the trainer. For three months.

As for a specific ride, the old Mountain Road Classic course in Philippi, WV. If you don't love riding those roads, go take up another hobby :)

-Physiojoe

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trust me! 99% of the guys that post here on ST would die of a heart attack if they actually had to back up the stuff they talk over the Internet. ;-)
Last edited by: SpeedRacer1: Dec 18, 11 15:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri or Die wrote:
SpeedRacer1 wrote:

hahahahaha... :)

It bothers me when people talk sh!t about people they have never even meant. The way I see it is like this; If I am face to face with someone that I have a problem with and I have the balls to say whatever I damn well feel like saying, I most likely will go ahead and say it to their face. But, I have never taken part in something as obtrusive as the "Deformation of Ones Character." It’s not about Lance, his bike or his journey back to life. It is about the days that were before the safety of hiding behind your computer screen as you run your mouth (or cursing fingers). I hate the hipsters that get a job in local bike shops (and in my case, surf shops) and hide behind the counter and talk sh!t as soon as their (key word, THEIR) customer walks out. I liked when a good ass kicking, a solid punch to the left eye brow, or just a 'good talking to' did the job. These days, every one is so freaking tough behind their screens ranting and raging about stories that 'could' be twisted, missing or just not even true.

"I said where'd you get your information from huh? You think that you can front when revelation comes?" Beastie Boys

Haha, true enough.

I never really compare outside rides for a fitness gauge, though I do flat loops where I work for a quick workout a lot and the average speed does show a trend usually.

For me, the real gauge is the 20 min and 5 min tests I do with my powermeter on the trainer. Boooring, uninteresting, not fun, but repeatable.