Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LAT Slams President For Exercising
Quote | Reply
I didn't see this posted here so I'm putting this up as I've seen it on a lot of news blogs and it keeps bugging me.

The LA Times had an op-ed piece criticizing the fact that he exercises regularly. Given the state of obesity in our nation (where 1/3 of people are "of size"), why would they call out him out for working out? Seems like they are sending the wrong message...working out is bad if you have something else to do.

Slamming Bush For Exercising?

Would The Times have been happier if he smoked cigarettes or if he tried to run bikers off of the road as he drove by in the Presidential limo?

This is not a political post so please no political rants (pro or negative). There are a lot of triathletes that work in training for Iroman races while having demanding careers, I just don't see the big deal of a guy who runs a whopping 3 miles. Well, that's it.
Quote Reply
Re: LAT Slams President For Exercising [pacifico] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I didn't see this posted here so I'm putting this up as I've seen it on a lot of news blogs and it keeps bugging me.

The LA Times had an op-ed piece criticizing the fact that he exercises regularly. Given the state of obesity in our nation (where 1/3 of people are "of size"), why would they call out him out for working out? Seems like they are sending the wrong message...working out is bad if you have something else to do.

[url "http://independentsources.com/2005/07/22/lat-columnist-prefers-fat-presidents/"]Slamming Bush For Exercising[/url]?

Would The Times have been happier if he smoked cigarettes or if he tried to run bikers off of the road as he drove by in the Presidential limo?

This is not a political post so please no political rants (pro or negative). There are a lot of triathletes that work in training for Iroman races while having demanding careers, I just don't see the big deal of a guy who runs a whopping 3 miles. Well, that's it.[/reply]

The LA Times should enncourage him to exercise more. It is the only rational decision I have seen him make and if he did it more it might clear his head in other ways.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: LAT Slams President For Exercising [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It is the only rational decision I have seen him make and if he did it more it might clear his head in other ways."

I don't know if this is a record, but with the second post it becomes Lavender Room material.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"What I mean is the fact that Bush has an obsession with exercise that borders on the creepy."

Wow. Chait has no idea... It's hard to read that and believe it's for real.

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me have men about me that are fat... Cassius has a lean and hungry look... Such men are dangerous.

- Caesar in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar"
Quote Reply