Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LAS Crono Aero helmet - pics. of it on friend's head!
Quote | Reply
Here's Julian, wearing his new LAS aero helmet, bought online from Parker's International in England.

maybe not such a flattering pic of Julian here! heh heh heh...and the helmet's wrongly placed over his nose....we did this at the electrical hardware store he works at when he had received the helmet in the post....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: LAS Crono Aero helmet - pics. of it on friend's head! [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks almost as good from the front as the new LG Chrono (not the fat Rocket), minus a bit of over ear covering, but for Ironman/tri's you probably want ventilation to be a factor, with the top of the helmet being aero and smooth to direct air flow over the rider's head:

Quote Reply
Re: LAS Crono Aero helmet - pics. of it on friend's head! [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good post gary....anyone else have any latest pics?

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: LAS Crono Aero helmet - pics. of it on friend's head! [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
US legal??

JB
Quote Reply
Re: LAS Crono Aero helmet - pics. of it on friend's head! [JBergland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The LAS is US Legal...says it on the box....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The LAS is US Legal...says it on the box....

Funny they (and others) are not marketing that more... LG seems to still be the only option available for an aero lid.

JB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For triathlons in the US, it needs to have a CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commision) sticker in it. That's the only acceptable standard for helmets newer than 1999.
Quote Reply
Re: LAS Crono Aero helmet - pics. of it on friend's head! [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary,

What is the difference between the rocket and the chrono? aero, weight, safety certification?

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Except for the gaudy yellow stickers...nice helmet. (I don't like carbon and yellow, which is why I replaced the mountains stickers on my Alps with another white Hed sticker...the yellow didn't fit with my Talon SL graphics, and Hed isn't paying me to ride their stuff...so I can be particular about my aesthetics... ;-)

My question on the helmet would be how the air between the tail of the helmet and Julian's back is acting...my understanding, based on reading wind-tunnel reports, is that different helmet/rider combos produce different results...there was one "aero" helmet a couple of years ago that actually worked best with the rider looking down and the tail sticking straight up in the air...I suppose in this case the only way we could really know if this helmet is helping Julian is to get him into a wind tunnel...

Sorry if I sound jaded about the "aero" qualities of the helmet...I'm really not so...but I do know that, though something bears at least a passing resemblance to proven aero designs, appearance does not always equate to performance.
Quote Reply