Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LANCE BRACELETS - 11 million strong
Quote | Reply
This morning on KAOS (Nike's internal radio station each Thurs a.m.), they were talking to Rosemary St Claire from NIKE events. Rosemary has been instrumental in the Lance Yellow wristbands. She said that to date, LAF has sold 7 million wristbands, 2 million more are on backorder and they are doing an additional 2 million on top of the backordered ones. Total will be 11 million so far.

Amazing.

For those of you looking for them and not finding them, I know it's frustrating. Even at the Nike campus we have a very hard time finding them. Be patient, they'll be back. Don't buy from eBay. Sure, maybe those people who are selling them will donate their proceeds to LAF, but I wouldn't bet on it. Someone is just trying to profit off of LAF. LAF get's their dollar and these people get $4-5 on top of that for their own gain. Doesn't sit well.

People have asked, "Well, the Tour is over. Lance won. How long do we keep wearing these?" Well, you keep wearing them as long as you want. It's not about Lance and the tour, specifically. It's about raising awareness about cancer and supporting those of you who have cancer or know someone who does.

Cheers,

Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: LANCE BRACELETS - 11 million strong [Dmcminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will sell you one of mine for $20.- plus S&H (unused and in new condition!)

P.M. me if you are interested !

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 10-pack of the youth ones that I got by mistake when I placed my order - there's 8 left.

Free to whoever wants them as I have no kids or youth to give them to... Better for someone to be wearing them than for them to be sitting on my kitchen table.

Just send me a PM and they're yours.
Quote Reply
Re: LANCE BRACELETS - 11 million strong [JimmyChuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of trying to profit off the yellow bands, you guys will love this story: I was standing in a circle of people when we were approaced by a woman selling the bands. She explained that she would sell one for $3.00 with one dollar going to LAF and the other two to HER TEAM-IN-TRAINING fund!
Quote Reply
Re: LANCE BRACELETS - 11 million strong [Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don' take her down.... (although I burried the purple T-shirt in the depths of my closet)

"I train against stroke" everyday! (I really would like to have one of their T-shirts for my charity-items collection--I might be even wearing it)

I will trade a size L against one of the bracelets. Seriously!

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimmyChuck,

I can take a few off your hands if you want (will even pay for them). I have a few cousins, all under the ages of ten, who want them...plus I need another one. People keep coming up to me and asking where I got one, so I just give them mine.

email me at steve_byers@hotmail.com. I am in La jolla, maybe I could just pick them up as I see you are in Socal...

Let me know,

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: LANCE BRACELETS - 11 million strong [SByers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got 'em Steve.

Emailing you now...

-Santiago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jimmy,

I'd also buy a couple from you as well. I was unaware that they had kid's sizes, but would like to get one for my son "Lance" of course (if you still have any left. I can be reached at: banzai_joe@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimmy,

I need one for my daughter. Can I get just one?

Alan at 007@ij.net
Quote Reply
Re: LANCE BRACELETS - 11 million strong [gottabekidding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys, Steve picked them all up last night.

They sell them in youth sizes... still at only $1 a piece... you can get them online from the LAF for $10 for a 10-pack (I don't believe they sell singles).

You may ask Steve if he can spare any of them.

-Santiago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Santiago, thanks again...Good luck with your training.

Guys, I can send you each one-to the two people that have responded to Santiago, but after that, they are all spoken for (for my kid cousins, already told them last night that I got em)...Let me know.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: LANCE BRACELETS - 11 million strong [SByers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries Steve, I'm glad they're gonna get some use!

Have fun at school in NY... enjoy sunny SD while you're still here!

-Santiago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I was fortunate enough to get 50 bands. When someone asks where I got it, I take it off and give it to them. Actually had a lady at a red light in a car ask me during a ride. She was shocked when I popped it off and threw it to her.

What I am wondering though is.... The other day we were waiting for the train and there was a mom who had all the signs of going through "chemo". I was going to give her the band I had on and wish her the best, but my wife stopped me. Should I have went ahead?

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to buy the youth bracelets off you - they fit women better than the adult size - but there's no email addres listed for you. Please PM me. Thanks
Quote Reply