Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kurt Road Machine vs Tacx Flow
Quote | Reply
Now that the days are getting shorter, and the sun is raising later, my morning rides are starting in the dark, which I don't like to much, so it is time to start looking for an indoor trainer considering that winter is not too far off here in the great white north.

Based upon what I found on the sight, the Kurk Kinetec - Road Machine is highly recommend. I found it locally for CND $480.00.

I have come across the Tacx Flow Trainer, which is selling for CDN $500.00, which seems to be a pretty good deal, as it comes with a pretty sweet computer, that includes power, heart rate, cadence, etc.

Now, the thing is I have a separate hart rate monitor and a wireless cateye which does give me my cadence, speed, time, etc. So the Tacx really only gives me the addition of power (plus it is all on one unit instead of two).

I can't help but to feel that the Tacx is a better deal as it sells for US$425 vs US$330 for Kurk, in the States, but there is only a $20.00 difference in Canada.

What does everyone think? Which one should I go for?

Thanks,

David
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Road Machine vs Tacx Flow [dlowe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know what the shipping would be to Canada.... But gottaridebikes.com Road Machine 275.00 + 20% discount on first order that would be US $220....

Personally I just picked this one up and love it, $235 delivered (Free US Shipping, but they still bang you $15 for the oversized box.)
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Road Machine vs Tacx Flow [dlowe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know where in Canada you are, but I bought my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine at Mountain Equipment Co-op for 420. It doesn't seem to be listed in their online catalog, but had it in store at the Ottawa location.

Cheers,

-jamie
Quote Reply