Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kudos to Bike Barn- Penticton
Quote | Reply
I am in Penticton crewing/coaching my buddy for Ultraman and I needed to do some training for upcoming Louisville. So of course it is now $300 each to bring my bike on a plane each way. So I contacted Bike Barn and they helped me get a sweet ride to use for 2 days.

They were very helpful and then gave me a nice map and ride directions.

My buddy almost got stuck w/ the $300 each way, but we quickly realized he bought the ticket before the cutoff- by 1 day. Of course the check in counter did not bother to check that and charged him $300 first before we caught their mistake and they then creited back his card and charged him $100.

Beware anyone heading to IMC this year and next- ship your bike!!! The new fee is $300 for international travel.
S
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Bike Barn- Penticton [bella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which scareline?
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Bike Barn- Penticton [Schwimmwagen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think many are the same now- but we flew Delta/ NWA
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Bike Barn- Penticton [bella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guys at the Bike Barn are absolutely the best and salt of the earth. I got to know them well as my parents retired to Penticton and they always hooked me up with a quality ride when I was in town - which was 3-4 times a year. Volunteered for them during Ironman week as well.

If you really want to pay them back with some gratitude, the owners are big fans of red wine. Go to the local liquor store and find them a few bottles of interesting, quality reds and you will be a champion...
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Bike Barn- Penticton [Thatcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I already have a shopping list of some beverages they like, but thanks for the red wine tip I will add that to the list
S
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Bike Barn- Penticton [Thatcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Penticton next week to volunteer for IMC and to also sign up for next year. Who did you talk with at the Bike Barn?

I called a couple of times to see if my friend and I could rent bikes on Saturday to ride the course and both times I was told that the Bike Barn does not rent bikes.
Last edited by: Reparto Corse: Aug 23, 09 14:34
Quote Reply