Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kraft Caught in another Lie?
Quote | Reply
"drug experts have stated that the current EPO test can only assure detection of EPO within three days of the drug's application" http://www.insidetriathlon.com/news/fea/2460.0.html

I began three weeks before Hawaii with the EPO treatment, and I quit it five days before [the October 16 race]." http://www.insidetriathlon.com/news/fea/2457.0.html

So they test before the race or did Kraft lie again?

Her excuse is kind of funny: "In 2003, I felt as if I had my heart broken when I got a time penalty for drafting," which helped drop her to third overall despite being a pre-race co-favorite. "I felt as if I would have won without that penalty."

LOL!! translation: if they didn't catch me cheating (drafting) I would have won in 2003 so I decided to use EPO (and also draft again) in 2004.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft Caught in another Lie? [grumpwheat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Detection can only be "assured" for three days. Detection after that time is possible but not certain. So the answer to your question is neither.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let it go. It's a done deal. Splitting hairs about the particulars is over the top in my view.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft Caught in another Lie? [Richard R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i thought the original test was three days but the new version is up to 20.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that I really care, but the taking of EPO "starting 3 weeks prior and ending 5 days prior to Oct. 16" sounds a lot like the proverbial pregnant teenagers who "only did it once".
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft Caught in another Lie? [tridug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at least it's credible...whereas I know others who come up with arguments like 'I am a genetic chimera'...and so is your teammate?
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft Caught in another Lie? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Was just making an observation. She is the only athlete I can recall that, when caught using PEDs, admitted it out right, and I respect that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it certainly doesn't excuse what she did, but because she admitted right away, most could at least not add tons of crap on her on top of that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Oscar Camenzind (ex world champ RR) and Filip Meirhaeghe (2003 World Champ MTB) admitted taking EPO when they were caught and immediately retired. well sort of, now Filip is appealing his suspension and is talking comeback.
Quote Reply