Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona watching setup [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laptop at one of the host hotels in Anderson SC in between the pre-race swim, bike check in, etc., for the Half-Rev. May be the best pre-race "movie" ever!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
I think you can find the live coverage on the imlive's web page for a couple of days (or longer if I remember correctly) after the race.

Jack

Can anyone else confirm this? I remember the last two+ years IMLive used a streaming program where you can go back to any part of the race at any time...so if you gotta do something in the morning you can load it up and go straight to the beginning to watch the whole thing. Wondering if they'll be using the same streaming setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [TRICLOPICUS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRICLOPICUS wrote:
david wrote:
Wow! Sounds like a great setup . . . are you inviting us over? The mango quinoa sounds awesome!

In case you're interested:

Quinoa Mango Salad
2 cups of water
1 cup of uncooked quinoa
2 cups of cubed, peeled mangoes
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 dried cranberries
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1. Combine water and quinoa in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 to 12 min until all water is absorbed. Stir; let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
2. Add mango, green onions, cranberries, and parsley to quinoa; mix well.
3. Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in small bowl; whisk until blended. Pour over quinoa mixture; mix until well blended.

Allow to stand at room temp. for at least 30 min before serving. This stuff is like crack cocaine. One taste, and you'll be licking the bowl clean in about 30 seconds LOL.

Would this work with pineapple do you think? I am not a big mango fan, and I understand the 2 fruits have different tastes, and textures, but damn everything else sounds awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [spjon25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's worth a try. Hell, you can probably make all kind of adjustments to this recipe. I've tried it with grapes and bits of roasted chicken. It's your canvas - be an artist! LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------
There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty....and that is not being witty.

Sponsored in 2013 by: Epix Gear, CompresSport and Team Aquaphor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the rest of you but IMHO Kona coverage really isn't that exciting to watch, not even the year my wife raced. But to the answer the question, I just leave the computer feed on all day and check in every now and then to see how things are unfolding. Can't imagine actually sitting in front of my computer all day for the entire thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a dumb question.

I usually set up my laptop, but I forgot my power cord at the office (dumb mistake).

I have an ipad I can use. The coverage hasn't started yet, and I'm not sure if the ipad will run the feed. I don't know.,,.sometimes it acts funny.

I usually go to the ironman website and watch the coverage there, but if I go to ironmanlive will that video work on my ipad?

I am trying to gauge whether a trip to the office is needed.

Thanks....

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [charris19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watched it on my iPad last year so you should be fine. Am doing the same today.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it, although I would go with some kimchee burgers and Longboard Lagers for the beer lovers. And of course, if you really want to go local, you need some white rice and macaroni salad on the side. Have a great time!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just discovered that ROKU has a Livestream channel (in the Internet TV genre, I think). Launch that channel and Kona is one of the live events listed.

I plan to watch the pre-show/swim while getting in a 2 hr TrainerRoad ride on my CT, after that I'm smoking some ribs and brisket. Was going to pair that with a curry cous cous salad, but I like the quiona recipe even better, though I will probably add some diced habaneros or jalopenos for extra heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure it's posted somewhere else, but I'd like to watch it, but can't find where I can watch it? Can someone help me out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 50" smart tv who will show me the race. It will be weird watching it on tv, as last year, I was actually racing myself, after getting a Legacy Lottery spot....I remember watching this race in 1991, before I did any triathlon, and I said someday, I would love to do that race. Didn't know then you had to qualify. I just started doing Ironman, and knew I would never qualify as I'm more built like a hockey player or football player. But, Ironman came up with this Legacy idea and there I went...Hopefully, they'll have another Legacy for 50 or more Ironman, gets you a chance at competing....Bring it on...Pizza and beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a live feed yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
Anyone have a live feed yet?

Come on, you expect IM to actually have a working broadcast for their premier event an hour before the race starts?

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minimized in the corner of my laptop as I write a paper for one of my Grad classes. I'll probably take an hour or two for a bike ride during the bike portion of the race to keep my sanity.

Quote | Reply
nothing for me. Over on http://new.livestream.com/ironman/imkona they have a stream going but just a bunch of people chatting.

Instagram or twitter me softly @xatefrogg
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Xatefrogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 'Stay Tuned 6:00 am HST'

I think it is past that already though, no?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not getting anything either. WTF??
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Tri_Geek_40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stream just started. But almost immediately I got "there was an error playing this video". And now just says "initializing live stream".
Edit: now it works.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Oct 12, 13 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Tri_Geek_40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Live Coverage: Presented by Active.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'ma have to hang somebody if they f this up today.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Ellsworth81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Ok .... someone start counting the number of times pro athlete interviewers / interviewees say the words "Ya know" with pained sincerity.

I stopped counting at 4.8 million last year.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona watching setup [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm solidly in Z2 sitting on my ass watching a computer screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iPad streaming with Airplay to the TV... video and audio are great.

So far very happy with the coverage this year, it's a lot more professional and better produced. Quick transitions to Matt Lieto down on the pier, cut aways to pre-recorded segments of pro's.
Quote Reply

Prev Next