Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona updates - Wiggle Wireless anyone getting these are they any good?
Quote | Reply
Have they started? Just wondering if they are providing any good information? Seems it would be hard to convey much through a text message?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona updates - Wiggle Wireless anyone getting these are they any good? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They actually do a great job! I've used them for races in the past, basically you get timing information throughout the race on the racer you're following. I've found them to be VERY timely!! The guy who swam with his dog from Alcatraz a few months ago is the dude that started this company!!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona updates - Wiggle Wireless anyone getting these are they any good? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up for Peter Reid and Normann Stadler's text messages and have gotten one of each. They're short (duh!) but convey what life is really like for the pros. Normann put in some details about his training, which I always find interesting. What the heck, it's free, not like last year!

Cam
Quote Reply
Re: Kona updates - Wiggle Wireless anyone getting these are they any good? [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about the Kona Buzz and journal entries from Ried and others. I am sure it works just for times and course updates but curious about the journal entries really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a related topic, how do you keep up with race results during the race as a spectator? Is there a "leader board" or announcements coming from somewhere in Kona? Is there a local radio or TV station with live coverage? If you are out on the highway is there anyway to keep track of the leaders?

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Kona updates - Wiggle Wireless anyone getting these are they any good? [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There have always been several "announcers" stands in town as well as one at the finish line. They tend to move some around with he action (T1, T2, Hot corner, 1 mile to finish). It seems like last year there were several new locations.

You can also check out the action on Ironmanlive.com in the King Kam. They have a whole room of computers for public use. It can be busy at times.

In years past there was local live TV coverage of the race. I haven't seen any coverage for the past few years.

I take my laptop and check in as the day goes on. We are lucky our condo is mile 2 on the bike and early twice on the run course so I can run upstairs and check in often.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona updates - Wiggle Wireless anyone getting these are they any good? [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We are lucky our condo is mile 2 on the bike and early twice on the run course....

can i come live with you next month? ;-)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Kona updates - Wiggle Wireless anyone getting these are they any good? [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can i come live with you next month? ;-)

We are there only ten days (rental). But if you send a photo and a race resume I will consider it. My "race horse" is getting old and worn out. I may need a new one soon. I keep telling him if he doesn't qualify for Kona, I can always find someone who has and they might be younger and have more hair. VBG

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply