Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure how many of you have seen this, but Talbot Cox has put together some insightful vlogs of some of the pros racing Kona. He did two with Lionel (found here and here), and Sarah Piampiano, and a bunch of others. I thought they were pretty interesting to hear about how what they are doing in the lead up/what they are thinking, etc.

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or does Bob not ask very good questions at times? He’ll get someone to mention something but doesn’t pursue that subject more by asking more about it. I can’t think of an example right now but I remember this from previous years BWB interviews. I get excited about these every year and then I’m let down after watching them. I have not watched this years yet.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Is it just me or does Bob not ask very good questions at times? He’ll get someone to mention something but doesn’t pursue that subject more by asking more about it. I can’t think of an example right now but I remember this from previous years BWB interviews. I get excited about these every year and then I’m let down after watching them. I have not watched this years yet.

I like BWB interviews but that may just because I am interested in knowing more about my competitors, their history, what makes them tick etc. I don't generally give his questions a lot of thought other than the fact that he doesn't tend to ask the salacious questions that some others are known for asking. Regardless they are background while I am stretching and foam rolling. They don't even make it in to boots time for me.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the videos Talbot has been doing! The coverage seems to be more each year... Great to see!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stumbled on them yesterday and watched the Lionell videos, as well as some of Lionells videos on his channel (Lionell fan). They were pretty good and well shot.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

I agree, it's usually the same blablabla...

I did like Sebi's interview, however. Of course we have to understand the context, but it does provide some insights of what Sebi thinks about the race and his competitors.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vittorio wrote:
stevej wrote:

I agree, it's usually the same blablabla...

I did like Sebi's interview, however. Of course we have to understand the context, but it does provide some insights of what Sebi thinks about the race and his competitors.

I watched the Sebi interview this morning and I thought it was really good. I really liked how they started it off by talking about him giving back to the Kona pool. Having never been to Kona, I had no idea it was a free pool to swim in. Big props to him stepping up and trying to giving back to the Kona community.

The vlogs Talbot is doing are just awesome. I'm excited to see the Ryf one today. I still feel like we don't have much insight on what makes her tick. Hopefully we can get some insight on what goes on in her head.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone who is watching! Lots of hard work! Hopefully you guys like it!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep up the great work Talbot!!

Your videos make me feel like I'm actually there in Kona....

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Vlogs of pro triathletes [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, excellent work!! And I can't imagine how much work it actually is! Filming all day, then all of the editing!?!?! You're a beast, and must be drinking kona coffee by the gallon!
Quote Reply