Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Half / 70.3 (Does it sell out)
Quote | Reply
Does this sell out and if so when usually?

After XMAS?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Half / 70.3 (Does it sell out) [TheRock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last year late feb early march I believe... guessing it'll sell out sooner this year
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Half / 70.3 (Does it sell out) [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What makes you say it will go faster?

BTW I plan to enter as soon as I can get the right flights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's sold out faster every new year so far and I doubt this will affect it but when the Baja 70.3 lost it's slots Ironman was telling people to check out the Kona/Honu 70.3 as an alternate...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it sold out last year, but I signed up during the first couple weeks of May -- less than 3 weeks before the race. So it definitely wasn't tough to get into. And I had no trouble getting a hotel room in Waikoloa either.

Stephen
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Half / 70.3 (Does it sell out) [Stevie K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm, weird, could have sworn it sold out by then. I know that around then I got a heads up from the athlete liason (footballmom on ST) and they had less than 100 slots left. Had to make a few pleading calls to get a friend in later as well... anyways, better safe then sorry. I've missed a race or two because of putting off entering and it sucked:(
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Half / 70.3 (Does it sell out) [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree... better safe than sorry. I'll probably sign up for it early this year, particularly since Baja is gone. I really had a great time racing there.

Stephen
Quote Reply