Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kask mistral
Quote | Reply
Anyone own one? Any feedback? Been around a little bit now but hasnt had the fanfare the aerohead has had. Anyone seen it in the tunnel? I like how the tail sort of curves around the shoulders like the aerohead but also weighs a lot less
Quote Reply
Re: Kask mistral [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried one on at an expo and they are pretty sweet. I imagine would be no different to wearing a Bambino but a more aero design so it would be a hot helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was looking at one too, or the Ekoi Koina. Not sure which one would suit my position better, but this review has made me rethink spending that much money on the Mistral: http://www.220triathlon.com/...et-review/12230.html

Would be fun to see some compareable data vs the Aerohead or others though..
Quote Reply
Re: Kask mistral [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think reviews like that are a bit subjective though. I mean, the aerohead is supposed to be hot. I didnt find it too bad, but i did find it heavy, hence looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
I was looking at one too, or the Ekoi Koina. Not sure which one would suit my position better, but this review has made me rethink spending that much money on the Mistral: http://www.220triathlon.com/...et-review/12230.html

Would be fun to see some compareable data vs the Aerohead or others though..

Id be wary of putting too much weight on a review by 220tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask mistral [jayski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This x 1000.

I sat down one day and did a sense check on the review they did of the top 10 or whatever TT helmets in 2017. Somehow that Lazer Wasp got a super high rating for being the slowest in a 'head down' whatever that is and being 3 watts slower than the S-Works, whereas the Scott Split got carpeted for being slow (although 10 watts quicker in the head down, and .9 watts slower in 'head up').

They do seem to write some absolute bollocks. Their smart trainer article basically had no test of the actual smart trainer aspects and focused more on whether you could use them without power at a race start.

Obviously, have stopped buying them, although they do do a good line in race travel articles.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask mistral [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
This x 1000.

I sat down one day and did a sense check on the review they did of the top 10 or whatever TT helmets in 2017. Somehow that Lazer Wasp got a super high rating for being the slowest in a 'head down' whatever that is and being 3 watts slower than the S-Works, whereas the Scott Split got carpeted for being slow (although 10 watts quicker in the head down, and .9 watts slower in 'head up').

They do seem to write some absolute bollocks. Their smart trainer article basically had no test of the actual smart trainer aspects and focused more on whether you could use them without power at a race start.

Obviously, have stopped buying them, although they do do a good line in race travel articles.

Yep, this is what happens when you have an editor from cross stitch monthly who cares little for the topic she is now in charge of but really likes complimentary trips to Bermuda, St Lucia and Norseman to 'review' triathlons. I saw the smart turbo review...they love the wahoo kickr and gave it editors choice despite the elite direto getting higher marks. Its been crap for ages though - getting a swim coach to review running shoes is never a good start
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if the attached worked but apparently test well alongside the aerohead? I haven’t been on Instagram for aggeeesss but stumbled upon it.
I like the aerohead but I did notice it’s weight especially when I drop my head a bit

Edit - can’t upload the attachment. It’s on instagram, search Kask Mistral and some
Alphamantis data comes up
Last edited by: IamSpartacus: Oct 2, 18 2:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Not sure if the attached worked but apparently test well alongside the aerohead? I haven’t been on Instagram for aggeeesss but stumbled upon it.
I like the aerohead but I did notice it’s weight especially when I drop my head a bit

Edit - can’t upload the attachment. It’s on instagram, search Kask Mistral and some
Alphamantis data comes up

Found it, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just looking to bump this thread to senif anyone has any feedback.

The heating issues doesn’t sound too promising. I found the giro aerohead hot.

Anyone have feedback comparing the 2?

Also re drilling holes in the visor , would this not impact the aerodynamic design ?
Quote Reply