Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kask Utopia vs Trek Ballista Aero Road (ST users)
Quote | Reply
Any ST's out there have both of these & leaned one way or the other? Pros or cons...comfort, weight, aero-ness...what are you deeming a favored tri helmet between the two (subjective of course)...?
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia vs Trek Ballista Aero Road (ST users) [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the utopia for about 2 weeks. I love kask helmets but this has internal padding much different to other models like the protone etc which are way more comfier. I got rid of it for that reason alone, the padding was too minimal.

I have the new ballista now and I like it albeit one caveat- the rear latch which adjusts the tilts often pops off - not mid ride or anything but it isn’t a very secure system and you need to make sure it’s secure before you put it on. That aside though it’s very comfy and air flows fine through it although we are in winter here. Am yet to use in summer. The padding is also good.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia vs Trek Ballista Aero Road (ST users) [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I've had 2 Utopias & it is what I currently use. Considering the Ballista due to the tail would likely smooth the air flow between back of the head & shoulder...there is a little pocket of space I think, that air may get hung up on, hit the shoulder & then continue.

Agreed on the Utopia padding, it looks thick but the front of my head usually sorta hurts after long rides--not because it's on too tight either.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia vs Trek Ballista Aero Road (ST users) [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how many watts Ballista could be giving up to a TT helmet, say aero head?
I have both, and hate Aerohead for summer race....
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia vs Trek Ballista Aero Road (ST users) [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Any ST's out there have both of these & leaned one way or the other? Pros or cons...comfort, weight, aero-ness...what are you deeming a favored tri helmet between the two (subjective of course)...?

I've not tested it yet (will soon) but the Ballista helmet is hands down the best helmet I've ever had on my head, aero or not. It feels impossibly light and the ventilation is better than any helmet in recent memory. I can't speak for the Utopia as I've never worn that particular KASK.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply