Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

KICKR Refurb Price Difference?
Quote | Reply
I posted previously about my KICKR having "invalid brake strength"...the verdict is in, and it requires factory repair.

Cool.

But, the note I got from their support:

"You KICKR is outside of our one year warranty and you will be responsible for the cost of repair, however we do have a couple of options for you. You can send your unit in for evaluation and our technicians can provide you with a repair estimate. The other option is our refurb/replace program. The way this works is that you purchase a refurbished 2016 KICKR ($999), pay a flat repair fee ($120), and shipping (typically $35 to $60 depending on your location). We send you a certified refurbished unit with a 120-day warranty and once you receive that unit you'll use the packaging that it comes in to ship your unit back to us (we'll provide a shipping label as well). Once we receive your old KICKR we will refund you the price of the refurbished unit. In the end you get a certified refurbished unit for the price of repair and shipping."

But, a brief search of their website results in a refurbished 2016 KICKR for $799, and a 1 year warranty. https://www.wahoofitness.com/...rainer-reconditioned

What am I missing that makes this make sense?
Last edited by: ACobb: Apr 10, 18 20:36
Quote Reply
Re: KICKR Refurb Price Difference? [ACobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically it's $120 once they get your old in.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: KICKR Refurb Price Difference? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So why the $200 premium relative to the advertised price for a refurb without a trade in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know, you get it back. I guess insurance. Although, if you actually go to the main Wahoo site the only refurb trainer available is the 2014 version. So I have no idea how you found that page.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is not a premium, you get it for $120 plus shipping, the $799 is a "core deposit"

You pay $799 for the refurb trainer
You pay $120 for the flat repair fee
You pay $35 to $60 for shiping
You receive -$799 for your old unit
------------------------------------------------
Total laid out $120 plus shipping
Quote Reply