Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just went for the first SNOW RUN!!
Quote | Reply
I had to go out and mark the trail for a run with friends tomorrow morning. By the time I got out to the trail (4:00) it was a blizzard and there were already several inches on the ground. My friend went with me and we had a blast-covered in snow, sliding all over the place! I used to hate winter, but since I started running through it, I really look forward to getting out there. What a rush!!
Quote Reply
Re: Just went for the first SNOW RUN!! [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you, Michigan?

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriKitty,

Winter running is one of the few things I miss about Canada.

I had a fabulous 30km run one time in about 10cm of fresh snow. Cloudless day with no wind. I zoned out like happens some times. The 2-1/2 hour run felt like about 10 minutes. Awesome day that made me sooooo happy to be alive.

My two other fun winter runs were running in (or after) freezing rain. I would put 15 short screws in each running shoe like miniature crampons and run down the sidewalk or road at near normal speeds while all others were slipping and sliding around. The other fun run was to go trail running on semi packed snow, also with the crampons. One particular route had a 200 foot high near cliff that I used to have to climb up. I mean a real cliff, about 85 degrees steep. I used to VERY carefully climb up the snow covered rocks with my pseudo crampons. Sure focussed the mind! and the running on the flat trail at the top of the cliff was even more appreciated than in summer!

In New Zealand winter just consists of running in the driving rain at near freezing temperatures Bugger.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Just went for the first SNOW RUN!! [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm in central Michigan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh, heh. I moved from Michigan out here to Hawaii back in May. Right now, it's 81F and sunny. My run today was great ;-)

Sorry.

Tony
Quote Reply