Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Just for fun
Quote | Reply
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/...335853/site/newsweek

Read it and fight.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael Moore is nothing more than a fat obnoxious entertainer. He is in the entertainment industry. He makes money from those who pay attention to him.

Rush Limbaugh is nothing more than a fat obnoxious entertainer. He is in the entertainment industry. He makes money from those who pay attention to him.

Now, having made my point. Pay less attention to sensationalistic entertainment. They do this to boost ratings. They can demand more for advertising. When we get sucked in we are no better than sheep.

Read, become a critical thinker. Compare, analyze, form your own opinion after researching the issue. Look at both spectrums and fill all that is between, in otherwords, be dynamic, not sensationalistic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting.. Reaffirms why I never bother with any of his movies.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to consider the source. Michael Ishikoff is a right wing republican shill. His biggest contribution to the world of investigative journalism was a book on the Oval Office blow job.

He's about as credible a source of unbiased opinion as Moore is himself.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find the fact that he wrote an entire book about getting a blow job very disturbing. Do you think he was trying to convey his own sexual inadequacies?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With respect, Mr. Tibbs, if you keep this up I am going to ask more questions about power cranks. Just for fun.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, but Tibbsy, Cholla is right. The whole moive is "factual". Just nevermind that the facts are chopped up piece meal and then glued back together in an alternate universe. Or maybe in several alternate universes as it sure does seem like a lot of critical information was left out of MM's movie. I also got a giggle out of the fact that MM's website to defend the "facts" is overseen by two members of Clinton's former White House staff. Now, there's a group who kept their facts straight. Omygosh, I think I just trolled. Can I get nominated for JAotWA?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"With respect, Mr. Tibbs, if you keep this up I am going to ask more questions about power cranks. Just for fun. "

You win this time Vitus...this time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean this wasn't a joke? I saw one author had the last name "Hosenball" and I said, "oh, a humor peice..."

Hey, you do have to congratulate Michael Moore for producing a movie with an advertising budget of ZERO. Just a few posters for the marquee and the rest was gratis!

Brett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Michael Ishikoff is a right wing republican shill."
- - There you go again, trying to marginalize anyone whose view differ from yours. I assume that means you can't counter anything he says. I think that's an imminently safe assumption, since all you did was try to belittle the man, instead of addressing his points.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to consider the source. Moore is a left wing Democrat shill. His biggest contribution to the world of investigative journalism was a movie on George Bush.

He's about as credible a source of unbiased opinion as Shill is himself.
Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren't you marginalizing Michael Moore because he has differing opinions to yours'?

At least Moore comes clean and admits to his biases and the fact that F 9/11 is an op-ed piece. Ishikoff pretends to be a serious journalist.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He also admitted that every source was checked and verified. So that make him a liar twice.

Before you take this as a close minede I hate moore piece, I do like when moore really presents some bizarre things that are going on in the govt. What killed it for me was that I was naive enough to take the bait on Bowling Columbine, now I feel duped enough to hate the 911 piece. BC is overfull with clips and BS.

Gotta love when he busted the General Motors christmas party and when he pegged nike for the overseas labor deal.
Last edited by: marko16: Jul 1, 04 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with Moore for a lot of people is that he goes after things that are near and dear to their hearts..not that he can occasionally be a bit sloppy with the truth. Ann Coulter is the biggest liar on the planet yet many of the same people who slam Moore for his occasional lapses worship Ms. Coulter.

When Moore made Roger and Me he was universally popular because he went after a bungling greedy idiotic CEO who was downsizing an American institution and destroying communities in the process. There was an enemy there we could all hate and nobody minded Moore's over the top style.

When he made Bowling for Columnbine he went after the gun lobby. Lots of Americans own and love their guns so immediately Moore alienated a huge chunk of his potential audience and the same people who loved his first work began to question is attention to detail and his ethics.

Now that he has gone after Bush and the Neocons he has pretty much alienated 50% of the country and has become perhaps the most loved and at the same time hated private citizen in America.

To cut a long story short, everyone loves Moore until he makes a movie you disagree with and then you hate him. When he goes after the beer industry I'll join you guys, but until then I'm enjoying watching the brown smelly stuff hit the white whirry thing!

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Huh? [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Aren't you marginalizing Michael Moore because he has differing opinions to yours"
- - How do you arrive at that conclusion?

No, I criticize Moore for making up false facts, claiming to have had interviews with people who deny ever speaking with him, for editing interviews to distort and completely misrepresent the statements of the interviewee, and for basically being a dishonest bastard.

It wouldn't matter to me if he was supporting Bush, because I don't support Bush.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nuthin like a fictional documentary. Wouldn't it be ironic if Moore's BS ended-up helping President Bush get reelected...
Quote Reply
Hold on thar Baba Louie... [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Ann Coulter is the biggest liar on the planet yet many of the same people who slam Moore for his occasional lapses worship Ms. Coulter."
- - Umm, have you at least ONE example of a Coulter lie? If not, you're slandering her for what reason?

Quote Reply
Re: Hold on thar Baba Louie... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read Al Franken's book, he details them in their many guises.

The first defense to an accusation of slander is the truth. I have absolutely nothing to worry about when I call Ms. Coulter a liar.

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Hold on thar Baba Louie... [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Read Al Franken's book, he details them in their many guises."
- - THat would be "NO," then. You are unable to support your contention. I've seen and heard Franken. The last thing on this earth that I'm about to do is to contribute money to him by buying his book. I certainly wouldn't expect to find the truth there.

"The first defense to an accusation of slander is the truth."
- - Which is what I asked for.

"I have absolutely nothing to worry about when I call Ms. Coulter a liar."
- - That might speak more to your smallness and lack of sense than to the truth of your as yet unfounded allegation.

Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [Rocketboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Read, become a critical thinker. Compare, analyze, form your own opinion after researching the issue. Look at both spectrums and fill all that is between, in otherwords, be dynamic, not sensationalistic. "

Most intelligent thing I have read in all these OT posts. The important thing is to realise that there are intelligent people (and not so intelligent ones) on both sides of the spectrum and that the "other side" has relevant points too - they are not automatically wrong because they disagree with you.

The world is not Black and White - it is full of shades of Grey.

Just for fun (like pouring kerosene on a B-B-Q) here's some interesting links - information for BOTH sides:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/...atestnews/f911facts/ - Michael Moore's rebutal to his critics

http://fahrenheit_fact.blogspot.com/ - A blog attempting to bring to light those "other" facts about Michael Moore's new film "Fahrenheit 9/11" (I have not italicised it to belittle the site, merely to distinguish that I have quoted this bit from the blog).

My personal opinion is not relevant nor given here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate Bush and am dying for the movie that exposes what a sold out wimp he is. I just want it to be truthful and straight. My disust with this movie is purely about Moore not Bush. Fuck Bush.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't we all want to fuck bush?
Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bush in hand beats two birds...

Brett
Quote Reply
Re: Just for fun [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some don't. Take Tom for example...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Moore has one philosophy about life...which mirrors that of everyone in the entertainment business. Remember he is an entertainer. He runs to the bank everytime someone buys into his gig with a paid admission or otherwise.

The philosophy simply states:

"Say anything you want to about me, just say something about me."

That approach offers nor protects any separation of truth or ethics from distortions and outright fabrications. It is all based on the end justifies the means and I'll get there any way I can... and oh BTW, thank you for your support.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply

Prev Next