Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just did interview that will be broadcasted in Canada!
Quote | Reply
Oh my gosh, major plug for Slowtwitch! The Canadian Press called me back and she broadcasted my interview all over the place. I can't believe it!

She said that alot of people have called in and wanted to help Maurice's situation and is there a way for these people to coordinate the effort to donate to his cause. So, I said they can come to Slowtwitch.com and check into the thread and make a paypal donation, or send in a personal check, etc.

The lady interviewing me said that what we've done is really great, and it must not have mattered that he is not a triathlete. I said, no it doesn't matter, we are an open group who looks out for each other and want to be supportive to people--be it if they ride a bike, run, swim, or do some other activity.

also she asked me if i thought he might get too much money and I said that the bike alone is near 800.00 and all of his credit cards were stolen, as well as cash and he is starting from scratch. the trip he is doing is an expensive one, and honestly he could use all the help he can get!

so--hopefully this will mean good things for Maurice. It would be awesome if people can organize from that interview and see our board, and give a little.

go slowtwitchers!!!

kittycat
Last edited by: kittycat: Aug 9, 05 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: I was just broadcasted all over Canada!!! yay slowtwitch! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job on this kc, next time I see you I want an autograph!!!

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: I was just broadcasted all over Canada!!! yay slowtwitch! [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out www.xtri.com more kuddos for slowtwitch!!!
Quote Reply
New Job opportunity [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you could add PR consultant work to your current business. (Dan can let us know if there was a significant increase in hits to the site.)

Not to make fun of a serious situation. I can see myself caught out in a situation like Maurice. I am still planning to do more solo bike tours, and can only hope that I continue to meet people as good and nice as the people on slowtwitch.

Group Hug....

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: New Job opportunity [Mark in Cin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, really it could happen to any one of us.

group hug :)
Quote Reply
Re: I was just broadcasted all over Canada!!! yay slowtwitch! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very, very cool stuff happening here. I'm both amazed and impressed. Indeed it could be any one of us at some point. This is an extraordinary "wow" in all the best ways!!!

(And yes, I Paypal'd some $$. Glad to do it.)
Quote Reply
Re: Just did interview that will be broadcasted in Canada! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kittycat you have some serious good karma coming your way girl! :D Thanks for all you've done today!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Just did interview that will be broadcasted in Canada! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good job, KC. Big ups to you. Huge ups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just cought up on this thread- that is really awesome. What a fine effort.

What can I do to help?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Just did interview that will be broadcasted in Canada! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
work a sweet deal out with the bike shop in Saskatoon..then the rest of the money he saves can go into his pocket..where is Gerard when you need him?
Quote Reply
Re: Just did interview that will be broadcasted in Canada! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, Andrew was talking about any bike owners who might have a tight relationship with a manufacturing company, and perhpas being able to get him a better deal, etc. why don't you PM oneforty (Andrew) about that to see if there is anything you can do.

Beyond that, or aside from that, if you can give a little cash, that would be awesome as well!!

kc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! That's huge. Way to represent!
Quote Reply