Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turned 55 in February. The beauty of this sport is you never grow up. I been wanting new bikes since I was 10 and am still looking for the next one.

fal7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 43 and have the opinion that its never to late to have a happy childhood ... so I'm still livin' it.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
45 this week, so I'm the baby in my new AG. Interesting how race times haven't gone up much compared to my last AG...when do these people start to really slow down? There's a couple of guys in my age group that will beat more than half of the Elites...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys aren't even close. I just got my Medicare card and turn 65 in a few weeks. Even though I think I'm still 17 my body does tend to disagree at times.

Have to go now, it's my nap time :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I'm the youngest here.... 15 (but I've been doing Tri's for 5 years)
Quote Reply
Guess Bunnyman's age!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't discuss age anymore, but I will give clues:

Computers had tape drives

Old enough to see KISS the first time around and still painted myself up for the reunion and "farewell" tours

Saw the Bicentennial quarters when they came out

Colnagos had round tubes and subtle paint jobs

Was not around for the birth of Elvis Presley's career, but remembered where I was when Elvis died

Paul Mc Cartney's Wings band was on 8-track

Watched Barry White on Soul Train

Take a wild guess and get it right (have to be the first one) and you will get a Team SOB decal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be 54 on my next birthday....August 2, if you want to send a gift, Francois. ;) ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 42, but I could probably kick my 22 year old self's butt, which is kind of cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [alan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-)

good to see we can have arguments on some points and have a good sense of humor...I will send you my autographed bio, looks like you love seeing it :-)

(sorry couldn't help it...)

mine is june 18, so send my gift first...maybe a little book with all the expressions you have in the US, to say shut your big mouth :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought this bike brand new when I was 18 years old. That should give you some idea how old I am. http://www.konarske.com/pics/bikes/1.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Guess Bunnyman's age!!! [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunnyman,

My guess is 45.

I myself will be 38 on the first day of this summer.

Peace,

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26, will be 27 in a few months. And can now run a lot farther then I could a copule of years ago. Starting my second season of this sport...

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
41 but with the mentality of a 19 year old (good and bad). Some days I feel like I've lived the life of a man 200 years old. But other days I feel like I am constantly discovering new things like a 1.5 year old.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
36 which, according to the kids I teach and coach, is pretty old. Funny how I can still kick all their behinds when we go to the track for workouts :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At 17 I guess I'm one of the youngest, and one of the newest to the sport, for this will only be my second year of tri's(only one last year, so I'm not even sure if that counts). I feel more like 20, though, because I've been at a boarding high school approx. equal to college for the past three years. And off to the real thing next year...

Darrell Hoy
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [hcswede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
34. Hooray for me....I age up in Aug to 35-39. I feel exactly as old as 34 is supposed to, whatever that's supposed to mean. I spend each day trying to wring 100% of the life out of it. That way it doesn't matter how old I am. I am just living life to its fullest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Bernie. Uncle Sam started paying my medical bills in November of 02. Whatever any of you young guys do, don't quit training. I did and the running legs do not want to come back.

Bob Sigerson
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [sig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right about not stopping training. I was basically sedentary in my late 30s and early 40s. I have been at getting in shape now for over four years. I still can't get my 5K speed up to my old marathon pace. Don't ever stop training.

So Francois, we will see how you are doing when you reach my age in 15 years. Somehow I have a feeling you will still be doing sub 10 hour IMs, but we shall see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost 43. My wife thought that I was childish last year when a 22 yr old passed me on the run to take the last "overall" award, and I decided to train harder to get him next time....I did.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I turn 30 in July. Only six days before my first IM (Switzerland). Last year IMCH was on my birthday. I loved to do my first IM on my 30th birthday.

Felix, Switzerland

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't let the secret out!

My goal is to maintain my speed over the next decades so that I can maybe qualify for Kona around 2040 ;)

-
[pink]I don’t use pink font[/pink]
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
18.... off to college next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious...how old are you folks? [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, you strike me as a pretty smart guy for 18 based on a lot of your previous posts. Impressive.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 26, still in college (Grad School), and I just started my second year of triathlon at the beginning of this year. I had never been on a road bike this time last year.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Guess Bunnyman's age!!! [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say Bunnyman is in the same age group I am: 40-44, but on the high end of it.

Me? 43, but age is a state of mind.

Aug.5, in case y'all want to send presents.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next