Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jump Rope for Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Anyone integrate jump roping into their training? I've played around with it the last 2 years and found I'm not necessarily a faster runner, but it possibly helps me run better off the bike. Jump roping is said to improve run cadence and efficiency, getting my feet off the ground quicker when having tired legs. I use about 10 minutes of mixed jump rope immediately after my brick workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Jump Rope for Triathlon [TriathleteWes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plyometric like activity

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Jump Rope for Triathlon [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used jump rope to rehab and return to run, it was great for strengthening the calves in particular. I haven't done it in a while now but if you have the time it would seem beneficial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My coach assigns it for immediately after my runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been doin them lately. Trying to work them in so not to get an injury. So far 3 times a week. I’m doing it because I have a tendency to cramp my calves. So I’m trying to give them extra stress and strength after runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Jump Rope for Triathlon [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do them a few times a week. It is an easy exercise I can do while I watch the kiddos run around in the yard. I can definitely see it having a positive performance impact on calf muscles as well as general fitness.
Quote Reply