Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike
Quote | Reply
This is from Today's NY Times:

"This time his arrival was the top story in the local paper. His plane, a chartered 737, disgorged dozens of staff members and journalists, as well as a full Secret Service detail. A top-flight racing bicycle was also along, in case Mr. Kerry, as serious a biker as he is a schusser, chose to go for a spin."

We'll, even though he wants to send more troops to Iraq (big mistake, duh) I must say this is a good sign. Has there ever been a president with a high-end ("top-flight") bike? I bet he rides a cannondale though, ugh.
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kerry send more troops to Iraq? From where? Pretty soon my cats are going to be sent to Iraq.

Last person out of Ft. Hood, Ft. Benning, Ft. Campbell, Ft. Bragg please turn out the lights. Oh wait, they're already out.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"top-flight racing bicycle "

Hope he buys American considering the Democratic position on job out sourcing.

BTW, I'd vote for a cyclist over a runner any day.
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think I could talk the local recruiter into enlisting my cat? If that bastard doesn't figure out that 4 am is not the time for a wake-up call, I'm going to mail him to Iraq.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured him for a "Titleist" sort of guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess as long as his bike isn't made in South Korea, Iraq, or Afghanistan he'll be fine. Or France...hope it's not a French bike.
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my guess, since he is the Senator from Massachussetts, is that he rides a Seven Cycles or Inependent Fabrications. That would be the politically correct thing to do, since they are providing jobs to the residents of his state.
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [Zo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
37th out of 3000. Now that is very impressive. Sounds like he could drop most of us slowtwitchers.
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both my cats trained to sleep in. As a matter of fact, come to think of it, they do a LOT of sleeping.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Massachussetts"

Isn't Richard Sachs based in Mass?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanna trade?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> Isn't Richard Sachs based in Mass?

Conn ... (close enough!)

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, I like mine. They suit me just fine. I doubt you'd like them anyway, they are hopelessly spoiled.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close, Connecticut, Since Richard is a one man operation Kerry would only be winning over one vote with that purchase. Indy Fab and Seven employ a handful of people each and are both in Boston.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be curious to know his finishing time.
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> he rides a Seven Cycles or Inependent Fabrications

Don't forget Peter Mooney ...
Or maybe I'm overestimating Kerry's eye for fine bikes?

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [Dr. Dre'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have to feed your catsw late at night right before bed. otherwise my 17 pound food eating machine starts yodelling at 5am on the dot.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good idea. I had been thinking about not feeding him at all unless he shuts up. Counter-productive, I guess.

Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what he rides, but he got it at wheelworks. he got a refit two wednesdays ago and they closed the store (they lost my sale - I was ready to pull trigger on a new cage)

i heard the secret service guys arent too thrilled - those 200 lbs boys dont mind going for a jog, but hate riding. wonder where the secret service will get their bikes - tax dollars hard at work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I shudder to think about the Bush Camp showing a picture of John Kerry peddaling around in tights, his huge mellon stuffed under an ill-fitting helmet, a-la Dukakis in that tank circa 1988.

Would the secret service ride around him like gun-toting domestiques if he gets elected? Or would they encourage him to take up jogging?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear he has one or more Serottas.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I have both my cats trained to sleep in."

Trained? Trained! Trained@##$ I inherited my girlfriends 17 yr old cat, Big Kitty, ( original name lost during a 20# stage years ago) this animal is training me!! Don't get me wrong, she's a nice cat, but if her water is not cold enough she will wake me up and let me know. She does not bury things in the litter box, but will not use said box again unless all previous deposits are covered or removed. Because I some times get up at 5:30am to swim she has decided that 5:30 is a good time to wake the man.....regardless of any carbo loading (beer consumption) the night before. Said girlfriend is awol for 3 years working on Phd in Aussie land, i get cat. And you think you got screwed on the divorce.

Jim

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: John Kerry owns a "top-flight" bike [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's LA Times said he picked up his Serotta from Belmont Wheelworks on his day off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He probably has several bikes...one for each opinion he has.

And probablyl several sets of wheels...so when he thinks that 909's are the best when speaking to his rich friends, he can use them....then he can bust out the CH Aero cover and speak to the rest of us when he's riding that...then he can use Tubulars for races where Tom is at...and clinchers at the races that the rest of us are at.

And then when cycling becomes not cool - he can deny he ever owned a bike and then go back to roller skating and short denim cut-offs.

Bush rides a Project One Trek - painted with the 'Patriot' color scheme...with a Hed3 front and a Renn disc in the back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next