Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Joe Henderson
Quote | Reply
I came home last night and my kids had the TV tuned to what has to be a new level in TV stupidity, "Hot/Not Hot", or something like that. This morning I read Joe's fantastic Bruce Kurtz piece. Why is it the former is on prime time national TV, and the latter on some obscure web site? (No offense Dan!!)
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Henderson [scotta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sincerely appreciate your kind words about my piece, and I'm glad you liked the article. I decided to watch this newsgroup for a couple days after you posted this, and it was remarkable how many posts related to the latest Survivor, yet only one other related to my article. Perhaps the masses have unknowingly spoken about what sparks an interest?
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Henderson [jeffreyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe no one knew who "joe" henderson was... ;-)

In all seriousness... that was a fabulous piece. I think we all know someone who is like that - a true marvel of the human spirit - that makes us all want to be better people.

I'll certainly look for Bruce around New England this year, and hopefully be one of the young guys chatting with him after the race eating "cookies and donuts"

Woody

Mike Hollywood
http://www.bostontriathlonteam.com
http://www.michaelhollywood.com
Quote Reply
You kiddin'... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a great piece Jeff. Read the whole thing out loud to my wife. Brought tears to both our eyes. I just figured this post here was about running or something, didn't bother to click on it until my boredom reached a new level.

It was great, just not sure what else I can say about it. I just filed it in my memory banks under "What I want to be like when I get older."

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too enjoyed the article very much and was touched by it. I was just too lazy to post my thoughts after reading it. Jeff, I've enjoyed all your articles and hope you continue writing and hope Dan keeps putting your stories up on Slowtwitch. As I was reading your latest article I was thinking this is good stuff and people outside of triathlon would enjoy this story too. I hope you can get it into print in some other publications.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I truly enjoyed the piece Joe, but I guess I didn't know what could be said about it. The piece seems to show that there is a full circle in sport and it isn't all about time and podiums. I think that more than the racing today I really look forward to still being able to race when I get older. The ability to enjoy not only the race, but the sport and the friendship you can find is a gift that everyone should understand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know, jeff, a lot of us selfish bastards out here in cyberspace just suck up stuff like your article for free without giving a second thought to actually offering you a virtual slap on the back. it's a bad habit i've picked up, acting as though everything people write and post is just "out there" for me to read and enjoy [like the things you've written] or ignore [like posts on survivor, etc.]

god forbid somebody like you or dan should actually hear from those of us out here who appreciate what you have to say and the way you've said it!

due praise aside, i have to confess i read this thread originally because i thought it might have to do with the tenor sax player...
Quote Reply