Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Jimmy Riccitello-Hawaii 70.3
Quote | Reply
Raced Hawaii 70.3 for the seventh year yesterday. Hats off to Jimmy and his staff for a great officiating job.

Jimmy was quick to address and solve a possible cheating situation. Cheating is just not cool guys.
Last edited by: Slowman: Jun 8, 16 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [mrw42976] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I agreed that we thought we saw the marshals a lot - definitely more than usual. Was that because of the number of marshals, number of athletes, or the lack of a pro field that the marshals light otherwise need to focus on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Julie Miller in the house?
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty bad but not that bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Details, please. What (almost) happened?
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kula wrote:
Details, please. What (almost) happened?

Agreed, it is Sunday evening, racing and training aredone, work prep has not started yet for the next week....this is the window when the twitch hunts explode...kick it off now!
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok here goes:

Athletes were corralled into two waves. Athlete number 149 was holding Lava pants in his left hand near the gate so no other athlete could see what he had in his hand. A few of us were like "this guy is hiding 3/4 " neoprene pants and is going to put them on once he enters the water. The thing about Hawaii 70.3 is it is very well know and posted to athletes no wetsuits or core short or else automatic DQ. Problem number two was athlete ended on podium. When approached by head official he denied it to start them Jimmy got a bit firm and he admitted to wearing them.

He was DQ'd and everyone moved up one slot. This athlete apparently stopped in water above his waste and took the pants off before exiting the water. Pretty sad as he probably would have had the same time without using the pants as he had to stop and take them off and let them float out to sea.

Sad sad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No so much sad as just plain stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw the same thing at IM TX.... What does he look like

mrw42976 wrote:
Ok here goes:

Athletes were corralled into two waves. Athlete number 149 was holding Lava pants in his left hand near the gate so no other athlete could see what he had in his hand. A few of us were like "this guy is hiding 3/4 " neoprene pants and is going to put them on once he enters the water. The thing about Hawaii 70.3 is it is very well know and posted to athletes no wetsuits or core short or else automatic DQ. Problem number two was athlete ended on podium. When approached by head official he denied it to start them Jimmy got a bit firm and he admitted to wearing them.

He was DQ'd and everyone moved up one slot. This athlete apparently stopped in water above his waste and took the pants off before exiting the water. Pretty sad as he probably would have had the same time without using the pants as he had to stop and take them off and let them float out to sea.

Sad sad

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrw42976 wrote:
Ok here goes:

Sad sad

So how exactly did Jimmy R get informed? Did people yell out to officials before you went into the water in time for an official to observe the shorts? Did someone approach him after the race was over and he just believed the accuser enough to strongly confront the guy?

Did Jimmy have to search the guy out after the race or was he waiting at the finish line for him?

Edit: He must have some serious swimming insecurity to jeapordize his whole race (and personal reputation) for that.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jun 5, 16 18:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No wonder swimmers refer to those things as "cheater shorts" at the pool (quite literally in this case).
Last edited by: spool: Jun 5, 16 16:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we had fin man. Elliptical man. Do we now have a pants man? :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just curious. What evidence did the head official or Jimmy had that he cheated? I'm assuming that they had more than just hearsay testimonies from other athletes? Did they have video feed or photographs to draw from? Is this guy a well known age grouper? I know that if I saw someone cheat, I wouldn't be able to tell whether the person is a top age grouper or MOP.

Quote | Reply
You're sure it was 149?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's listed as DQ in the results.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

Is his word "gold"?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Is his word "gold"?

I don't get it...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
He must have some serious swimming insecurity to jeapordize his whole race (and personal reputation) for that.

Not just his own rep apparently

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Is his word "gold"?

I don't get it...

Look at 149's occupation on the tracker and search that my word is gold thread. Should be an enjoyable evening

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
mrw42976 wrote:
Ok here goes:

Sad sad

So how exactly did Jimmy R get informed? Did people yell out to officials before you went into the water in time for an official to observe the shorts? Did someone approach him after the race was over and he just believed the accuser enough to strongly confront the guy?

Did Jimmy have to search the guy out after the race or was he waiting at the finish line for him?

Edit: and on that course, faster than 4:33 is very fast. He must have some serious swimming insecurity to jeapordize his whole race (and personal reputation) for that.

Hang on....the DQ better only the the "start" of the sanction. Finman got banned from WTC events for an entire year for the exact same deception of getting in the water, putting on fins and then ditching the fins before getting caught (well, he got caught with a "fish" in his hands).

In any case, finman was going for a 14 hour finish doing the "floatation aid shortcut". This guy is going for the podium using the "floatation aid shortcut". Julie Miller got banned for the "no timing chip shortcut".

So is this guy on the track to get banned. the DQ does not seem to be a sufficient penalty. This guy was stealing a podium slot like Julie Miller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Is his word "gold"?

I don't get it...

Look at 149's occupation on the tracker and search that my word is gold thread. Should be an enjoyable evening

wow and wow. I see he shows up as DQ in the results now if this is the correct person.
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was 149 yes!

He was a AWA last year to boot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrw42976 wrote:
It was 149 yes!

He was a AWA last year to boot

Can you name names? I wasn't there.

Also, other than the admission, how was this proven and disseminated to you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Putting aside the person who transgressed, maybe at WTC races we need a new system:

1. enter start corral with race kit on minus swim skin, goggles and swim cap
  2. Only swim skin, goggles and cap in hands. No other kit
  3. get inspected before entering corral
  4. Put swim skin, goggle and cap on inside corral once inspected

I think you guys almost busted someone at IM Texas for carrying cheater pants to the start line?
Quote Reply
Re: Jimmy Richitello-Hawaii 70.3 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I deleted the pics, because guy dumped the shorts.

Quote Reply

Prev Next