Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Janus Charity Fund Question?
Quote | Reply
The only thing I saw on their sight was individual stuff. Do they do anything with "team" or group fundraising?

Anyone do anything like get a group of individuals together?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Janus Charity Fund Question? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never heard of that. Only single folks out there on their own.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you register there is no team designation. Their prize donations are based on the contributions individuals have collected not that groups have collected. If you wanted to have a group help you raise the money then I'm sure that is OK but only you would get acknowledged by Janus.

It is probably a good idea to have a team category. It would be great for a tri-club or group of friends to share the Ironman experience plus do some good works.

Good luck and check out my site. :)

Eddie
Quote Reply
Re: Janus Charity Fund Question? [IronEd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It would be great for a tri-club or group of friends to share the Ironman experience plus do some good works."

Well that's were the idea came from. Several local people were talking about doing an IM. One of them mentioned the Janus Fund Charity and said it would be fun to do as a group.

Maybe some "interclub" rivalry, prizes etc. I thought it sounded like a fun idea but didn't see anything that Janis offered.

Off course we could all just go under one person and keep tabs amongst ourselves.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]"It would be great for a tri-club or group of friends to share the Ironman experience plus do some good works."

Well that's were the idea came from. Several local people were talking about doing an IM. One of them mentioned the Janus Fund Charity and said it would be fun to do as a group.

Maybe some "interclub" rivalry, prizes etc. I thought it sounded like a fun idea but didn't see anything that Janis offered.

Off course we could all just go under one person and keep tabs amongst ourselves.

~Matt[/reply]

I will try to tune Casey into this thread to alert her to the "need". Nothing would prevent you from each designating the same charity. Or, I suspect that nothing would prevent them from giving thanks and numbers to the biggest "group", although they bonuses would still go to the biggest individual contributor.

Anyhow, JCC is all about participation. If you didn't know I have donated a pair of PC's to be given away to one of the Janus participants at each race to help them with their numbers. They will do anything reasonable, i am sure, to get the number of participants higher i am sure.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Janus Charity Fund Question? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If you didn't know I have donated a pair of PC's to be given away to one of the Janus participants at each race to help them with their numbers."

Yes I saw that on the sight.

"Nothing would prevent you from each designating the same charity."

I think something like this would increase numbers, and cut down on paper work. I think it's amazing that some of these folks raise 100K+ most of us aren't even close to that. On top of that many of us may not even reach the 750$. The idea that a club or group of people could all work as a one unit toward one charity seems to be a way to get some "lower earners" involved as well as get the "Team in Training" atmoshere going in a group.

Off the top of my head I was thinking of doing something for our club even if it meant one person signing up and having that person turn in the money. The "individual" statistics could be kept locally but it would be greater incentive and more fun to compete against other groups.

Just a thought.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]" I think it's amazing that some of these folks raise 100K+ most of us aren't even close to that. On top of that many of us may not even reach the 750$. The idea that a club or group of people could all work as a one unit toward one charity seems to be a way to get some "lower earners" involved as well as get the "Team in Training" atmoshere going in a group.

Off the top of my head I was thinking of doing something for our club even if it meant one person signing up and having that person turn in the money. The "individual" statistics could be kept locally but it would be greater incentive and more fun to compete against other groups.

Just a thought.

~Matt[/reply]

The people who raise 100k typically are working for large organized groups that know if he/she is number 1 they will get another 10k. These are typically very organized efforts by organizations and not the individual, although i think some have done large numbers on their own.

I think Janus would prefer to have 1000 participants each raising $500-$1,000 rather than 50, some raising 150k.

I think it would be useful to have some competition between groups such as a small "reward" for the group with the most participants.

I emailed Casey but got a reply she is out of the office until the 14th. I am always brainstorming with her about how to increase participation. Something along this line may have merit and I am sure will interest her, if it is workable.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they do have a team category it should have separate incentives than the individual. It would be frustrating to know you could never get more than the $750 extra for your charity. Especially if a team is contributing under one persons name. We are all looking to help our charities out with at least some "kicker" funds.

Beyond being good for the community I think Janus creates an awesome training motivator. By the time you have sent out all the e-mails announcing your plans and asking for help EVERYONE knows what you are up to. It makes it very hard to slack off cause you know many of them are going to be on Ironmanlive.com to check on their investment.

Eddie
Quote Reply
Re: Janus Charity Fund Question? [IronEd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]If they do have a team category it should have separate incentives than the individual. It would be frustrating to know you could never get more than the $750 extra for your charity. Especially if a team is contributing under one persons name. We are all looking to help our charities out with at least some "kicker" funds. [/reply]

I would consider donating another set of cranks for the "team" category for the team that had the most individual participants for the entire year at all the Janus events, to be auctioned off and used as a fund raiser for that group/club. I will kick that around with Casey and see what she says. If you have some other ideas let me know.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply