Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jan still has a trick up his sleeve
Quote | Reply
From the Andreas Klöden interview:

"Now the Alps are looming large....

Klöden: I know the territory well, and I think it will be exciting once again. In the mountain time trial up Alpe d'Huez it will be every rider for himself. Jan has a trick up his sleeve, I'm sure. Maybe he can still slay the dragon."
Quote Reply
Jan is the MAN [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
15.07.2004/ Fortunately there were no mountains to climb today. The only thing making life difficult today was the wind. But after the breakaway jumped clear, things calmed down in the peloton. So, a nice stage before the rest day, and I can thank Sergei Ivanov and Daniele Nardello who worked hard as my "bodyguards" throughout.

The two of them looked after me well, shelttering me from the wind and keeping me well supplied with food and water. My friend Andreas Klöden has been freed from these duties. After his power-performances in the Pyrenees he is our other trump card for a GC place now. For this reason, we don't want him wasting valuable energy going backwards and forwards carrying water bottles.

For me "Klödi" has been a revelation in this Tour. I hope he can maintain his current level all the way to Paris. He was clearly the better man in the Pyrenees, so I've given him "Carte Blanche" in the Alps. I certainly won't split hairs over who works for whom.

Use "Klödi" just as a helper when he's in the form of his life? No way! For a start, I know he is currently capable of leaving me in his wake. That's not a good thing for my morale. Secondly, I dont want to make the mistake of using him to pace me in the Alps. I need to ride at my own rhythm.

In all truth, I was quite content to plough my own furrow on the climb to Plateau de Beille. It will only make sense to enlist Klödi's help in the Alps if its to our mutual benefit. If I think he has the stonger legs, then he not only should, but must, go for it alone.

I am fully concentrated on the final week now. It will be one battle after another, with no respite until we roll into Paris on Sunday. I'll need to be at 100 percent for the five stages of torture that lie ahead. That means a real break tomorrow: A two hours training spin, then rest - and no press interviews.

From now on, I want to let my performances on the bike do the talking for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan still has a trick up his sleeve [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Freestyle, I would look at other Spoiler's before you post like this. Also this happened like 8 hours ago anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan still has a trick up his sleeve [zonie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jan is a hack!

'STICK EM UP PUNK ITS THE FUN LOVING CRIMINAL'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zonie,

This is not a spoiler damn it!!!

Oh wait... ok.. so you would like to see Ullrich spining without knowing he was going to... oh ok.. i see..

Gzeee... this spoiler's hunters are starting to be ridiculous..

GET A LIFE!

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Last edited by: Klep: Jul 18, 04 14:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why - because this is a spolier (it isn't) or it's a redudant post?

I for one hadn't seen the Jan interview and was glad to read it here.

Hey, where did you get this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since Jan is starting his TT before a bunch of people all he has to do is drop the tacks he has stored under his sleeve so that everyone else punctures. Does that count as a trick?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This spoiler stuff is getting out of hand.

Quit being a baby.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan still has a trick up his sleeve [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Relax, you're as bad as the people complaining about spoilers.

My post was actually sarcasm directed at Freestyle. I was quoting his post to me. I made a comment about how bad I felt for Tyler in another thread and that was his response.

I agree, the spoiler thing is out of control, Bob Roll even mentioned how bothered he was by it on OLN ;)

...but it's a dry heat...
Quote Reply
Re: Jan is the MAN [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*bump*

Hey freestyle, can give me the link where you found this?
Quote Reply
Re: Jan is the MAN [Renault78law] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The T-Mobile site. They have a Jan diary and updates every day.

http://www.t-mobile-team.com
Quote Reply
Re: Jan is the MAN [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you - this is great. I thought I would actually get some work done on the rest day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do find myself pulling for Jan to get onto the podium. The battle for 2 and 3 may be the real excitement now, or at least LA would hope so.
Quote Reply