Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jacksonville Florida Swimming
Quote | Reply
Moving back to Jax in the near future. Looking for some swim clubs or swim groups a couple times a week. I know the city and surrounding areas well, just wasn’t into swimming the last time I lived there. Feel free to direct message me.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Jacksonville Florida Swimming [TriTriTriSto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your location is the most important piece of that puzzle. I could talk about places around PV/PVB but that isn’t very useful if you live across the river near Orange Park.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Jacksonville Florida Swimming [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gman,

I agree with you 100%. We live in Nocatee and there's an 8 lap heated pool for year round outdoor swimming. Nearby is Planet Swim, which has a 50 Meter and 25 Meter lanes (depending on how they configure the pool). If you live in downtown Jax or North of Jax, then there are other options.
Quote Reply
Re: Jacksonville Florida Swimming [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in Nocatee too. It’s really a great location for tri training, IMO. We have several swim options with the Noc swim club plus the 20 Mile and Crosswater pools have swim lanes. There’s Planet Swim as you mentioned. I also have a membership at the Y so can use the Landrum Y pool as the Noc Y doesn’t have a pool. I’m also a member of the Lodge & Club and they have a dedicated swimming pool. Plus there’s an ocean a few miles away.

We have 20-something miles of bike lanes and running trails galore.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is a group called the Duval Ocean Swimmers which does open water swimming in Jacksonville beach.
Quote Reply
Re: Jacksonville Florida Swimming [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, didn’t really think about that. It’ll likely be orange park area. Nocatee would be a little bit of a hike three times a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What factors are influencing you towards the Orange Park area? Outside of cheaper housing I can’t think of any reason to live there. Traffic stinks around the Buckman. So any commute to the other side of the river to Jax during rush hour will be aggravating. Clay County is mostly redneck hell. You’re 45-60 minute drive to the beaches.

Orange Park itself is generally nice but it borders shit areas and is just far away from everything.

Fleming Island is, IMO, the best place to live in Clay Co. all things considered.

Westside Jax just to the north of Orange Park is mostly a shithole so don’t live there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bolles off San Jose has a master's team that practices in the mornings and at lunch. There is Cecil field which has pay as you go hours, and whats left of LA Fitness where you can swim on your own.
Quote Reply