Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

JackRabbit Sports in The New York Times!
Quote | Reply
My favorite local running/tri shop here in Brooklyn was in an article in the New York Times today about proper running shoe fit. At JackRabbit they videotape you while running on a treadmill to assess the proper shoe for your running style. It's a great place that really supports the huge local running and tri community with coaching and classes. Check them out if you're ever in Brooklyn. Their website: www.jackrbt.com. Here's a link to the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/21/fashion/thursdaystyles/21sneakers.html
Last edited by: tripoet: Apr 21, 05 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: JackRabbit Sports in The New York Times! [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plus lee silverman is a forum member, no? whose bet with me on the forum i intend to take.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: JackRabbit Sports in The New York Times! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes Lee posts here quite a lot. a forum bet? Hmmm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackrabbit has also invested a lot of time and effort into learning good bicycle fit. I recently had a conversation with Lee about a number of bike fit issues and he srikes me as a smart businessman and a guy dedicated to excellent service and taking good care of his customers. I enjoyed speaking with him. He is highly proficient in the technical aspects of the sport in both running and cycling. I was impressed.

New York is a tough market. Lee is doing well there. I'm impressed. it's like they say: If you can make it in New York, you can make it anywhere. Lee is definately making it becasue he has done his homework.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: JackRabbit Sports in The New York Times! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, he's not really making it in new york, he's making it in brooklyn. Its a lot easier out there in the suburbs.
Quote Reply
Re: JackRabbit Sports in The New York Times! [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New York City is made up of 5 boroughs, Brooklyn is one of them. The Burbs are out on Long Island and NJ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooklyn is both a borough AND on Long Island, so go figure.
Quote Reply
Re: JackRabbit Sports in The New York Times! [amb18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Want to really piss off a Brooklynite, tell them you're going into the City (Manhattan).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I thought the article came out pretty well. We're certainly getting a lot of calls today! What's really been interesting is people's view of themselves. Twice this morning I've heard "I'm just a beginner -- do I really need this level of analysis?" Beginners need to be careful about running shoes far more than experienced runners because they're so much more prone to injury, but I guess people don't think that way. On the other hand, I got a call from a woman who hasn't been able to break 16:00 for a 5k because she's been continually injured for the past two years, wondering if her shoes could be part of the problem. You'd think someone who was closing in on that kind of pace would have gotten good advice on running shoes by now.

Gotta get back to work!

Lee Silverman
JackRabbit Sports
Park Slope, Brooklyn

P.S. Slowman, glad to hear you're going to step up to the challenge.
Quote Reply