Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Italy.
Quote | Reply
It turns out that I might end up in italy for 2 and 1/2 months. October to december, this obviously puts a dent into my regular training habits. Anyone know where to train in the Milan area????

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Italy. [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only been to Milan once. The shopping and food were good. Sorry- not much help to you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, today is geography day.

Milan is kinda dumpy. Running will be easy (duh) but watch for nutty drivers. Check out the poolfinder website (might be the US masters site? google it, it's easy to find).

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted, 2.5 months in Milan...you're 21 buddy, who cares about training. You're supposed to discover your manhood...

All kidding aside, there is tons of nice cycling in the countryside out of town, you can head up to Como for some of the best cycling in the world (Tour of Lombardy Region). Also you can do the 25K climb from Domodosola to Simplon Pass, the "shortest route" from Northern to Southern Europe, used both by Hannibal and Napoleon. Not too far to the east in Val d'Aosta in the shadow of Mont Blanc is some excellent XC skiing...I'm not sure where to stop. This is like a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy.

Basically nothing is far from Milano.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Italy. [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
muhhh, there go my swimming plans for the year... Now my goal of 2k open water under 23 is going out the window... i hope i can atleast find a pool.

"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hands down: Lake Como! Probably the most beautiful spot in the world IMO and I don't think I've ever seen so many road bikers before.

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Italy. [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ya i think i'll have my bike shipped over aswell, i'll asses the situation when i get there.

Quote Reply
Re: Italy. [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No No No. The proper phrase is always "Una bottiglia di vino rosso per favore."

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Italy. [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bah forget speaking italian, i don't have to do that when im there, hopefully i get lucky and start seeing a girl there and wont have to rent an apartment, i can just stay at her house.

Quote Reply