Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It's like it was made by god himself.
Quote | Reply
I just bought invisible duct tape. It is so wonderful. If would have had duct tape during the revolutionary war we would have deafeated the English in the first year.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: It's like it was made by god himself. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh.

And I thought you were talking about the Specialized Tarmac I was looking at yesterday.....
Quote Reply
Re: It's like it was made by god himself. [Yurtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I thought he was talking about his p3..or at the very least something that arrived in todays mail (guess tomorrow it is..I hope)
Quote Reply
Re: It's like it was made by god himself. [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Niether arived and with no real estimated times I just sit here and play it cool. (As I crap my pants everytime I here a truck.) ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good thing the Germans didn't invent it - but then, maybe we would all be better bikers

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: It's like it was made by god himself. [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the Germans had duck tape we would all be goose stepping right now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, then you could use it to keep your helmet from sliding off your shiny head!

Quote Reply
Re: It's like it was made by god himself. [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A roll of duck tape and a good ink pen is all you need to have a good life.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know what they say...

If you can't fix it....DUCK IT!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gel ink is right up there with duct tape

now, if I could just find some triathlon gum...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's even great for toys! i make duck tape dollies and they're so cute and wonderful to play with, but they require at least 2 rolls to make one.

depending how much duct tape you need to hoard, 2 rolls might be just to much of a stretch for some. since I have a consistent collection of various tapes for different dolly styles (some with skirts, some with little clogs), I plan ahead and buy alot at one time.

sure, when making a dolly, people think I'm crazy, but once they see this little dolly, they want one too-it's great fun and very different!
Quote Reply
Re: It's like it was made by god himself. [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my students put duct (or is it DUCK, he ha) tape all over a pair of blue jeans. They were pretty cool ... looked like those pants one would wear when investigating volcanic lava.

He probably spent 3 hours making those pants, and 3 minutes doing his homework. Aaaaah, teenage priorities. =)

-----------------------------

Tibbs, I just caught on to what is going on. Folks really bought you a bike?!?!?! That's awesome. I hope you enjoy it and get much mileage outta that baby. Of course, this does obligate you to basically a century ride a day, doesn't it? *Big Grin* That's really awesome. Talk about a pick-me-up. That just made my day. Folks got together and got someone else a bike. Where was I? when was this going on? What day is this? Did I miss thanksgiving?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: It's like it was made by god himself. [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe the kid needs to be in the arts or something. if he's taping up jeans, that's a good indicator of some other creative activity going on...you know?

maybe he would be a sculpter or something magnificent!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whilewalking down Broad St. Philly, in the Avenue of the Arts part (near UArts) I saw this guy who, from a distance, appeared to be wearing a really nice sharkskin suit ... yep, it was duct tape. I then realized it was First Friday.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
If the Germans had invented duct tape.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...we would all realize that pain actually is pleasure.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's more into chemistry ... like testing the flammability of cannibus. He's also big into educational action research. This quarter he's testing how multiple absences per week affect academic performance.

He's a nice kid that has very little direction or positive influence. I see him riding his bike around around town while I am running ("missed you at school today" "yeah, I was sick"), at the video store, etc.

He's one of those kids that despite not achieving in school in the traditional sense, avoids serious trouble, and dabbles in mischief. I envision this kid pulling everything together and surprising quite a few folks.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should tell him that there is no need to do research on the flammibility of cannibis. Many, many people have performed thousands, perhaps millions, of tests on this subject, and the conclusions are always the same.

There are several different factors that can affect the flammability of cannibis. Containment within a thin layer of paper will cause cannibis to burn in a smooth, even fashion, which is accelerated by increasing the flow of oxygen through the burning mass. Placement within a high-flow container that facilitates sporadic increases in air flow will cause the mass to burn unevenly and at a fairly high temperature. Adding an exhaust cooling treatment, commonly referred to as the 'triple-chambered water bong' method, may allow for an even greater cannibis burn rate, however, it also causes a funny bubbling sound and can cause unexpected affects when the cool exhaust gas expands rapidly upon being released.

In all cases, cannibis flammability research results in the following: 1) the urgent desire to go to Wendy's, 2) the desire to sleep, 3) the desire to watch the Cartoon Network, and 4) drooling.

There has been only one documented case in which someone conducting cannibis flammability research reported an increased desire to do math, and we all know how things turned out for Joseph Mandelbrot.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a roll as soon as I saw it at the store. I am encouraging the kids to break things now. It's almost time for a new roll!

jimmyk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, it is properly called "duck" tape. It was originally developed during WW II as a waterproof tape that was strong enough to hold together parts, etc even when wet. Water flowed off it like water off a duck's back. It became "duct" tape when it began to be used to link sections of ductwork together, an application for which it is not very well suited.

Just call me Cliffy!

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If the Germans had duck tape we would all be goose stepping right now.
I have a new signature....

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\_____ O-O>

houstonadventureracing.com (H.A.R.T.)
houstonracing.com (Houston TriClub )
Last edited by: Bily Lovec: Oct 29, 04 11:39
Quote Reply