Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
It's gone.
Quote | Reply
The wife's out of town for the holiday. I've got my run of the house, the city, and the clubs. What do I do? I blow off my friends, both Friday and Saturday nights, because I don't feel like going out anymore. I'm not even sad about it. I woke up automatically at 4:30 AM this morning, like I do every morning, and I promptly cleaned the fucking house top-to-bottom. Neighbors must think I'm doing meth. There's no other explanation for behavior like that. Hard drugs. I didn't clean because I needed to, or because my wife asked me to, but because it was driving me crazy (and it wasn't even in bad shape). Seriously, what the hell has happened to me? I'm barely 30. The first time I catch myself thinking that Dockers are nice looking trousers, I'm riding my recumbant off the side of a cliff. Does cycling turn you into a pansy? What happened to my soul?
Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 27, 04 20:35
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need more information... do you wear black socks with white tennis shoes? (My good friend told me that if and when I catch him doing that to just shoot him and put him out of his misery!)

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heyl no. Wait. Do black cycling socks with white(ish) running shoes count?
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride my recumbent wearing black socks, white tennis shoes, and Dockers.

Is this a fashion faux pa?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i feel the same way ... just turned 31 and i feel like a domestic schlep. a decade ago, i was a hip 'alternative' 'extreme' 'gen xer'. now, i'm a married goombah with a harry potter fetish. pitiful, eh?

i try to stay true to my roots with a few tats, a piercing, and a pair of Doc Martens. i wonder what the 15 year old punks wearing misfits t-shirts think of the old guy thumbing thru Maximum Rock n Roll at B-n-N ... except i was into the misfits when glenn was still the frontman and i've actually met Jerry Only!

peace out, my brother. aging gracefully is a bitch.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Join the club. At 31 I'm certainly not old, nor do I feel it. But at some point (not sure exactly when) going out until all hours of the night, drinking till you puke and then sleeping to noon just wasn't fun anymore. And I also find myself cleaning the house when my wife goes out of town. Crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you elaborate on your aging story a bit more? i'll copy it and send it weezer's way. i'm sure they'll be able to turn it into a great chorus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you have a wife. At least you have friends, too.
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [somedouchebag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exactly. love the irony

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycling turned me into a slob. I think it is other influences that turned you into the cleaning fiend.

Could I have what you got?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries. You're only 30...........another 15 years or so and you'll be in deep into a full-on mid-life crisis and be regressing at a remarkable rate.

You'll never really be hip again, but by then you'll have lost the ability to realize it. ;)

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there grown up! I am a house baby through and through. Gone are my days of my signature green Docs, $45 import cds, domnation of the mosh pit, 48 hours with out sleep. It's a new and better life you lead. Just go with it and realize you got it good.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is strange. I have got post Ironman-too much time on my hands disorder. I actually swept our floors yesterday. Weird.
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I've got it good - wouldn't trade it for anything. However, there's something that Ministry's A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste cd says to you that can't be said in any other way. My wife doesn't speak that language, but that's ok. I presume we're of the same musical era?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting that all the married guys take the opportunity to clean the house when the wife is gone! What can this mean about modern women?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why didn't you put in an epic training day? Cleaning house? What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see, yesterday I went skate skiing, did a ride on the rollers, then went to the indoor climbing gym. This morning I went to yoga and lifted weights. Probably do another roller ride after I eat. However, this is why I haven't done any epic training days this holiday (and there's much more snow on the way):

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shortly after I got married I was listening to Jesus and Mary Chains first cd in the living room. It was blasting. My wife walked in with a sour look on her face and asked if the tereo was broken.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a second there I was thinking how much I missed the snow...then I looked outside to the sunny, 64F day and realized I was being stupid.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, I'm 41, Friday night, I went out to a dinner for a friend getting married next week. We ended up a t a dance club near the restaurant wher we met. I suddenly felt very old. I don't like rap very much, and I felt like I was checking up on my daughter (even though I don't have one!).

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What can this mean about modern women?"

It means we like to share the fun ;)
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [JRH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?

Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What can this mean about modern women?"

I think it says more of the effectiveness of incessant nagging than anything else. Sticks in your brain like fish hooks. Funny thing is, I always give my wife a ton of shit when she wakes up and starts cleaning.
Quote Reply
Re: It's gone. [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give me your address. I'm coming over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember when my gf came over and said "I can't live up to your standards" I thought WHAT? I soon realised when I stopping her from cutting a sandwich in half with a carving knife through the counter top! That would have looked good when selling the place explaining a series of score marks through the counter! What is with that?

Quote Reply

Prev Next