Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It's cold, right?
Quote | Reply
16 degrees, and I can barely drag myself out of bed to pack my swim stuff in a bag and take the subway to the pool. I'm in uber-hibernation mode...groggy...need coffee...hate winter...haven't even begun my xmas shopping...& the NY times is blaring more bad news...happy holidays
Last edited by: tripoet: Dec 20, 04 3:15
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's -36 here with windchill...i had to walk 2 blocks last night to get some food while studying, and i couldn't feel my legs by the end of the trip...

the irony is ...it's usually this cold at home, and when i go back for christmas, it's like a 30 degree difference (C) between school and home...this year is the same, but in reverse...

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-1 windchill in Virginia Beach

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 degrees in suburban md and -5 windchill, 40 mph winds last night . trainer today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brrr....12 degrees in Raleigh, NC. Wind up to 20 mph. Ugh. High of around 30 today.

On Thursday it's supposed to be a high of 65 degrees. Crazy NC weather.
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [german101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sissies ;)

Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunday at 5 am it was 53 F, I could walk barefoot out to get the paper, Noon 75 - 80 F ,waited till 2 to ride around the lake in just shorts and a jersey .

Over priced, God forsaken, congested traffic ,southern California.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8 degrees, who's running today?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Low 20's this morning in south Georgia. Way too cold for me. I don't know you guys in the really cold climates do it. Winter is just nasty. I wouldn't even consider riding my bike in this kind of weather. No way. I'll run when it's cold out. I'll even go to the pool (indoors, of course). But I ain't getting on a bike in this kind of cold. I know I'm a wuss, but it's something I'll just have to live with.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-26C in Aurora, Ontario this morning. Big surprise for me today was that my car started. It set a new record for starting in cold weather. It's previous record was -25C.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get motivated! In Michigan.....2 degrees....ten miles...lots of layers. Yesterday was worse....but I would rather get a bit chilled then go brain dead on a treadmill.

3/8 hex head screws in my old Asics......neat trick that I got out of Runner's World 9 years ago. Gives a little bit of bite when there is ice on the road.
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-26c here in montreal as well . . . the pool was toastie although my suit will be a block of ice by tonight. expect to run at noon today should be fun.

cycling is strictly an indoor sport for the next few months, however, snow shoeing now that's FUN

cm
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cold?? Sunday in Kingston phone rings 8:45am "it's stopped raining and starting to snow let's go" (+2C) (15k Fund raiser for "clothes for kids" know local DJ/triathlete who is involved) at 10:00am down graded to 5or7k ...........now -12C in front of store (yet to feel howling wind off of lake.) Training partner iced in was 10 min late. 3 of us we leave word we will do the 15K (as a long slow run) water bottle started to freeze had to keep inside of shell. We had a blast... note to self though for next time PB4UGO (plate on back of stationwagon full of kids) I did not know that I could sweat that much at -24 (with a wind chill)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You Canucks and northerners are studs! I went for a ride over the weekend (Nor Cal) with some friends and they all turned back after 3 miles because it was 27 degrees. It warmed up quickly and I kept going and had a great ride. However not sure how long I would have lasted if it stayed that way.
Last edited by: TriMike: Dec 20, 04 6:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was 37 celcius here day b4 yesterday which is 100 and change I think? Winter it is 18-20 min high and down to 4 or 5 min min. I have worn shorts every day for the last 5 years.
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [rickeh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Rick! It's gotten slightly colder since then eh? (last time i checked, it was -39 with windchill...)

Lemoine Point and back, cold winter nights - possibly the best run that kingston has to offer...esp during a full moon.

Anyway, i should probably go study for the 315 exam tomorrow...;P

ciao!

-kevin

p.s. what do i do with this box of bones i have at my house?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
34F and breezy when I got up. I figure I'll give it an hour or so before heading out to run and hope it warms up some. I actually don't mind running in that kind of weather; it's the chills and shakes I get when I stop and come inside that make me hate cold weather running.
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-10f at 6:00am this morning in Petoskey. Both my dog and my training buddy showed up for the 8 mile run. My dog quit after about three miles, but we pressed on.

Looks like more of the same for the rest of the week up here.

"Why do they keep inventing new ways to celebrate mediocrity" -
Quote Reply
Re: It's cold, right? [DS Trainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run at 6:30 every morning. I'm so groggy I don't even realize what its like out. No opportunity to think its too cold, too rainy, too snowy, too whatever. I just layer up and go. If I'm too warm, ditch a layer. I didn't even realize I had gone running in 2 degree weather till I got to work at 8 and it was only 6. I think I might have backed out if I tried to go after work--too much time to dread it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-3F w/ windchill in DC... 36mph gust... brrr!!! I almost froze this morning running to the gym... although I have to admit I LOVE when is too cold and no one is outside, have the streets all for myself ;)

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Last edited by: audentia: Dec 20, 04 7:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah man, It was COLD! in Queens. I was outside all day. When does winter start? Tomorrow?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I got up this morning there was a windchill warning since it was -37C with the windchill and -25C without. I ended up waiting until I dropped my daughter off at her swim workout tonight to do a run. By 5:30pm it had warmed up to -19C so I only had to run with 1 layer on my legs :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My thermometer said -3 with a heavy wind when I got up today. However, it did warm up later to 8 with the same wind. time to bring in the brass monkeys!

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're having a wind chill of about 72F. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :-)

It is cold for Hawaii, I'm sleeping with flannel PJ pants on and close the bedroom window halfway.

Sorry guys, just HAD to do it.