Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoulder issue persisting; looks like bursitis.

I'm in danger of falling behind. :-(

How long will I have to wait before getting back into the pool???

Last week was my best week ever of swimming, this week, back to zero.

Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Desertdude...I've actually been swimming...just updated my spreadsheet entries and am up to 13,000m. Now I hope to surpass 20,000m by the end of the month, and perhaps move up to 25,000 which would be a November record for me!
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am really sorry to hear about your shoulder problems, and am sending you lots of ((((((hugs)))))). Don't worry about falling behind. I can't tell you how long it will take to heal... have you seen a doctor or a PT or an athletic trainer?

Last week was my best week ever of swimming, this week, back to zero.
Did you swim a lot more last week than you usually would?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TUNA!!!!

Brian, I am calmer than I've been in EIGHT DAYS.

The first 200 felt the best. I was suprised at how good my stroke felt, how relaxed my arms were on the recovery, how it was there. I could feel water on the bottoms of my feet. They fluttered and tickled and I smiled; I never smile when I swim, it usually hurts. But I melted into it, and I could feel water under my hands and sliding off my back and touching every part of my skin. It feels like being kissed, all over and all at once. Water kisses.

We'll have to build up to that 1000 fly kick ;) I did 200 yds of it, no fins. I wanted to keep feeling the water under my feet.

I have a hint of soreness in that right shoulder. It set in after, not while, I swam. ????

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 9, 07 6:30
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clocked 5'04 for 400m in a TT. That means re-hab'ing fully from my arm break took ~4 months.

So I need to lose 5 seconds a month ... 1 second a week. A fifth of a second a session. Under a hundredth of a second per 100m. Two thousandsths of a second per length. Four ten thousandsths of a second per breath. One squintillion gazillionth of a second per tile.
Last edited by: NM_123: Nov 9, 07 6:54
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [Baldric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, 45,000 yards/meters to date. That's huge.

3000 yds for me today:

WU: 400 free, 300 non-free, 300 kick

6x (75 swim, 50 kick with 5-10 seconds rest between. Increase speed/intensity of the 75s)

2x (3x100 on 1:20, 200 kick/rest) First set of three were on 1650 pace (:14, :15: :15). Second was on 500 pace (:12, :13, :14).
Apparently, I need to work on my speed and pacing....
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [Chris A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friday, November 9, 2007*****

(3600 Long Course Meters)

Warm-Up:
300 free

Transition Set:
3 x through the following:
2 x 100 on 1:30
50 build on 0:50
50 kick on 0:50

Main Set:
250 (50 kick, 100 swim, 50 kick, 50 swim) on 4:30
3 x 150 on 2:05
3 x 150 on 2:10
3 x 150 on 2:15
(the goal is to be able to hold a faster pace as the 150 bases increase)

4 x 50 sprint

100 easy

Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on your swim! I'm sure you feel at least a little better now! :-)

I survived my first swim double today -- 4000 SCY in the morning and another 4000 at noon. The workouts were essentially the same, with the intervals during the noon workout a little tighter (same coach for both workout times). We're lucky in that our swim club has 14 masters workouts per week. I figured today would be a good day to double, since we'll be out of town this weekend for my son's swim meet. He's swimming the 400 IM for the first time -- should be interesting!

A.M. workout:
-550 choice
-6x200 w/fins: 2 kick (flutter), 2 drill (free/IM), 2 swim (free/IM); 10-15 sec. rest
-8x50 free, fist drill, 25 easy/25 fast, on 1:00
-600 pull, every 25 fast
-20x25:
--#1-10 choice, fast, on 0:40 (4 free, 2x fly/bk/bt)
--#11-20 choice on 0:30, get out every 25 (free)
-3x100 drill on 1:45 (free/free/IM)
-450 kick w/fins (250 free w/board, 100 dolphin kick on back, 100 breast stroke kick w/board)
Total: 4000 SCY

Noon workout:
-1000 choice
-6x200 w/fins; 2 kick (free/dolphin on back), 2 drill (free/IM), 2 swim (free/IM); 10-15 sec. rest
-8x50 free, fist drill, 25 easy/25 fast, on 0:55
-600 pull, every 4th 25 fast
-20x25:
--#1-10 choice, fast, on 0:30 (2xIM order, fly/bk)
--#11-20 choice on 0:30, get out every 25 (free)
-100 free kick w/fins & board
-100 dolphin kick on back w/fins
-100 breast stroke kick
Total: 4000 SCY

8000 for the day -- just trying to stay above the yellow line! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,

I got back in the pool. Swam 700 and then 800. I'm out of shape since I haven't swam in 6 weeks. I can still cruise along at sub 1:30/100yd but it's a long way off where I was this time last year where my repeats were 1:20 was my slowest interval.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really think you just need a boyfriend.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Nov 9, 07 14:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a boyfriend.
Guess what?
He's a swimmer.
My newest favorite thing is swimming with him :D

Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 9, 07 14:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have a boyfriend.
Guess what?
He's a swimmer.
My newest favorite thing is swimming with him :D[/quote] Dump him. Trust me. you need a lacrosse player ro something like that. The last thing you need is to go swimming.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dump him. Trust me. you need a lacrosse player ro something like that. The last thing you need is to go swimming.[/quote] Hey!!! I'll make myself scarce at the pool for a couple more days, but Zach stays. I like dating another swimmer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you; that's very sweet of you.

Yes, it was significantly more swimming than the week before, or ever. My previous high week was just over 9000m, and that included a sprint tri!

It felt good though! swimming is now pleasurable! You can't imagine what a breakthrough this is for me.

But now, I'm frustrated; arrrrrggghhhhh!

On the other hand, this is poetry:

"The first 200 felt the best. I was suprised at how good my stroke felt, how relaxed my arms were on the recovery, how it was there. I could feel water on the bottoms of my feet. They fluttered and tickled and I smiled; I never smile when I swim, it usually hurts. But I melted into it, and I could feel water under my hands and sliding off my back and touching every part of my skin. It feels like being kissed, all over and all at once. Water kisses."

...to which I aspire.

Last edited by: Axles of Evil: Nov 9, 07 16:22
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. It is like any other thing, a gift. And it makes me REALLY happy when other people read it and enjoy it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's THIS for poetry:

I can't really swim very quick,
And the chlorine is making me sick,
But I'll throw on my Jammers,
And dive in and hammer,
And wish that I knew how to kick.

I'm already ready to puke,
Butterflied 'til I blew like a nuke,
But my hundred's one-ten
And I'll swim it again,
Just to prove that it wasn't a fluke!

Little bit bored at work (and no, I can't swim anywhere NEAR 1:10 for the hundred---poetic license).

And TC, I'm getting better @ the spreadsheet. 51,250m so far.
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [Baldric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"How's THIS for poetry: "

That's ...good swimming. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2X through

WU: 15 min continuous

SET 1: 6 x 150 (odd - kick, even - swim)

SET 2: 600

Total: 7,000 yards

Then home on trainer to watch the finish of 70.3 Championships. WHAT A FINISH! ALRIGHT POTTS!

~~~~~/\o
~~~~~~~~~~~~
thepalavecinos.com
snappletriteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [Luna Bananas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yesterday's workout.

4000 yards.

warmup
4x200 swim, kick, pull, swim.

main set

2x400 on 6:00, hold 5:05's
2x200 on 3:00, hold 2:30's
4x100 on 1:30, hold 1:15's
rest 1 min
2x400 on 5:40, hold 4:55's
2x200 on 2:50, hold 2:25's
4x100 on 1:25, hold 1:12's

no cooldown...ran short on time, had to get my kids from daycare.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not really sure I can remember what sets I swam today. I was so that tired that I tried to convince everyone in my group to take extra rest between sets...and I am always the person arguing for less rest! Maybe it had something to do with 1:30 am insomnia, a cold, a sore shoulder from flu shot, and the 90 minute bike workout I started at 4am because there was nothing else to do after already being up for 3.5 hours!!!

Total 5000 SCM
-wu 400 choice

-400 alternate easy free with drill in IM order

-3 x 200 IM, send off is first interval plus 15 seconds
-45 seconds rest
-4 x 150 FR, send off is first interval plus 15 seconds
-45 seconds rest
-5 x 100 FR, send off is first interval plus 15 seconds
-45 seconds rest
-6 x 50 flutter kick on 1:15

-10 x 100 on 1:45, 1 is FL, 2 and 3 FR, 4 is BA, 5 and 6 are FR, 7 is BR, 8 and 9 are FR, 10 is IM

-250 kick

-750 pull

-200 CD

Best part was the drive to Stowe as the sun came out, and then swimming breastroke and, with each breath, seeing the pink sunrise over the white peaks of Mt. Mansfield through the pool's huge picture windows. Also, the swimmers to my left and right who pushed me hard the whole workout...

-Danielle
Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [Luna Bananas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What channel was that on?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was not on TV. I watched online at Ironman.com

~~~~~/\o
~~~~~~~~~~~~
thepalavecinos.com
snappletriteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today, I officially fell behind. :-(

Downtime, does indeed, "bite."

At least I can still run. (aerobically)

Quote Reply
Re: It's NOVEMBER! the official Swim Challenge Thread [joonya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nov 9th am:
5x600 (all different types of sets but i don't remember them)
200 of other stuff
total: 3,200

Nov 9th pm:
2000 asort wu that i don't remember

main
11x100 on 1:30 holding current 500 pace (1:07-:08)
400 im kick
200 im dr/sw by 25
2x100 im sw
100 ez
8x100 on 1:30 same pace (1:08's)
200im kick
200cd

total: 5,200

November Total: 56,160
November To Go: 143,840
Quote Reply

Prev Next