Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this POC website legit?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a replacement lens for my POC Cerebel. The pocsports.com site says they're sold out. Then I noticed there's a poc-cycling.com site that has them at a discount. Seemed weird to me both sites wouldn't have and sell the same inventory (kinda like Backcountry and Competitive Cyclist).

Anyone know if the poc-cycling site is legit?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this POC website legit? [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also just noticed they're selling brand new Cerebel helmets for only $98, which is a huge discount and only about $40 more than just a replacement lens!

If the site is legit then that's an awesome deal, but if it seems too good to be true...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northy wrote:
Anyone know if the poc-cycling site is legit?
It is very much NOT legit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as you don't ever plan on crashing or plan on using your head again after you crash, there's no downside to using cheap knockoff Chinese safety equipment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are so many legit looking fake sites now.

They aren't selling cheap knockoffs. They are defrauding as much money as they can before they shut down and open another site.

My wife got suckered by one of these. "I bought a $500 chair for $79!" Nope...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The domain is registered in China, and their mailing address is a Starbucks in Anchorage Alaska.

There are lots of these sights designed to look like a manufacturer's site, but with "believably" discounted prices (ex. 25-45%), and miraculously every product is in stock.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Is this POC website legit? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
The domain is registered in China, and their mailing address is a Starbucks in Anchorage Alaska.

There are lots of these sights designed to look like a manufacturer's site, but with "believably" discounted prices (ex. 25-45%), and miraculously every product is in stock.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Is this POC website legit? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you all are starting to make me question the Breitling IRONMAN Endurance Pro I picked up for $6.99 outside a Five Guys last week.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this POC website legit? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
As long as you don't ever plan on crashing or plan on using your head again after you crash, there's no downside to using cheap knockoff Chinese safety equipment.

To be fair, most people don’t “plan” to crash.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this POC website legit? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:

To be fair, most people don’t “plan” to crash.

Also to be fair, most people don't seem to plan to use their head. (I'd like to put that in pink, but I don't think I really can).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Escape Collective did a great in-depth look at these kinds of sites:

https://escapecollective.com/...an-impossible-enemy/
Quote Reply