Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is there any way to improve the taste of Sustained Energy?
Quote | Reply
I'm not a big fan of the taste of Sustained Energy and was wondering if anyone knew of any ways to fix it
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any way to improve the taste of Sustained Energy? [BIke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mix it with cytomax
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any way to improve the taste of Sustained Energy? [BIke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe it's just me, but i love the taste. i have heard of people mixing in flavored hammergel to improve it though. you could also try perpetuem by e-caps, it's like sustained energy only better - and it tastes like a dreamsicle.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any way to improve the taste of Sustained Energy? [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah I have to agree, the taste has grown on me also, my only complaint is teh settling at the bottom of the water battle.

But a serving or two of Hammer Gel will usually liven things up.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used S.E. for a few years now and was never wild about the taste. But I recently received the new ballast-sized (5.6 lbs) container of the stuff, and used it for the first time this morning; although it says "no added flavor or sweetener", I swear it tastes better than the old stuff. I even looked to see if they had added stevia to it, but there are no indications as to why it should taste better.

As to what you might try to make S.E. more palatable, I would go with either a bit of Perpetuem or H.E.E.D. added to it. The former will give it an orange-ish flavor, the latter will impart either lemon-lime or mandarine, depending on which H.E.E.D. you choose. (H.E.E.D. is fabulous stuff, by the way, if you haven't tried it yet.) I have tried mixing S.E. with various flavors of Hammer Gel, but I never found a combination that tasted good; plain S.E. was actually far preferable. Today, though, the "new" S.E. was great. Yum!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, switch to a drink without protein. It will taste much better.

Don't try to fix the taste. It's rather bland so leave it alone. Anything you try will just make it worse!!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mix gel/cyto/heed/ultima/hershey's syrup or just switch to perpetuem. I had a just bought a keg of SE when I tried Perpet and gave away the SE. Not that the Perpet is great tasting but it aint bad and much better than SE, plus it doesn't spoil as easily
Quote Reply