Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is the Kestrel Airfoil a Serious Tri-Bike
Quote | Reply
Okay, I've always rolled my eyes at these types of posts, but heck, now I need to know! I've been checking this bike out at my local LBS. It looks like the real deal. Perhaps an old-school design rehashed, but if it is right, why modify it too much? I like the monocoque concept. I intend to test ride it along with the Kuota that my LBS is getting, but wanted some detailed input from those that own it. Ride qualities? Geometry? Kestrel warranty and customer service? I've been debating carbon - currently ride AL for the tribike and TI for the road bike - mostly for ride comfort. My current AL bike beats me up on the IM distance. I have weak lower back to begin with. It's caused me to take looks at Softride, but I just can get myself to pull the trigger on that bike. And yes, I understand the the material does not always equate to smoother ride, etc.

Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the Kestrel Airfoil a Serious Tri-Bike [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can say is that I ride a KM40 and it is a great bike for me. I too use to get beat up on a Al bike, the KM is riding in an easy chair. The carbon is very comfortable and attenuates all the road vibration. One big factor is that the bike also fits me well. BTW I weight 185 and am 6'2", the 56cm frame, well tuned to the way I like to ride is great. I can ride the IM bike leg and honestly feel great for the run. I use a carbon seat post, SM tri gel saddle, and syntace aerobars. I also just upgraded to DA 10spd...very nice and worth the $$$

Good luck!
Quote Reply