Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing?
Quote | Reply
It seems confusing.....anyone else experience this?
Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do? I signed up and did the first three races. Directions for connecting Garmin was easy. I did all my races outside though.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I want to know is how the top male age groupers we’re doing 37 miles an hour pace for 20 minutes
Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a race platform it’s a non starter. Impossible to call it an actual race. It’s a group training log.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, and following that up with sub-6 miles on the run; even into the 50s and 60s age groups. You see these 'speeds' consistent across all of the VR distances from sprint to half IM. These folks are impressive but apparently don't participate in real races, outside, as I've never run across them in 25+ years of triathlon. There's a huge talent base lurking out there in the age groups across the world.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you do the swim?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've all been duathlons so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a good way to do the swim would be a time for length - verified by a triathlon coach or Masters coach. Updated when ever the athlete wanted to give it another go. Then use that for the athlete time proxy.

Maybe a way to get US Master and USAT to cooperate.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Yeah, and following that up with sub-6 miles on the run; even into the 50s and 60s age groups. You see these 'speeds' consistent across all of the VR distances from sprint to half IM. These folks are impressive but apparently don't participate in real races, outside, as I've never run across them in 25+ years of triathlon. There's a huge talent base lurking out there in the age groups across the world.

There's a huge talent base lurking out there in the age groups across the world

The pros got absolutely smoked by the age groupers

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Is it just me or is IM-VC confusing? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that would be reasonable.

But that is assuming that one can find an available pool, all the ones around here are closed ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed - maybe moving forward when things settle down.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kat_Kong wrote:
It seems confusing.....anyone else experience this?

Nope...seemed very straightforward to me. Sign-up, connect data platform of choice (I use Garmin Connect), perform training sessions. The sync was automatic and seamless...got an email when I'd completed all the required sessions.

I did go to far on each leg for VR2, treated the sessions as my normal scheduled training sessions, thinking it would pair down and only count 5K of a 6K run (like the USAT Run-Bike-Run virtual event), but it didn't. So for VR3 I did strictly the required distance.

I'm enjoying supplementing my training with these events; it's not a race, I'm competing against myself. Yes, there's a fair amount of bad data from some users, but I really don't care. At the end of the day this isn't about earning Kona slots, it's about keeping active, staying fit, and keeping an eye on the future of our chosen sport/hobby.

The platform is free, it's not perfect, but it's a nice offering in uncertain times. Just my two cents. :)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree - there isn't a lot of information available until you sign in. I'm working on an article for the ST front page that should get posted later today that I hope will help a bit!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply