Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert
Quote | Reply
Hello
I saw a man within a woman´s body yesterday....just amazing the watts she was moving.
Some people in Spain discussing in websites if Ryf might beat her, given that Lisa Norden competed and they did strange calculations.... I just think, no way
See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4fOsT2W6I See 0:42, passing like a plane in front of the irish girl...

By the way, Evenepoel, supreme today. Second beating everyone but the unbeatable Dennis...he is still a child.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone thought Ryf might beat Dygert?
In a swim? Or a run?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
I saw a man within a woman´s body yesterday....

yea...that probably wasn't the best way to put it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chloe has a massive engine and an incredible ability to push her body to its absolute limits.
Plus, she has the direct guidance from Kristen Armstrong.
Finally, her position looks amazing from all the work with ERO.

Put all that together, and the results are pretty clear.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a year (relatively) free of injury. Just scratching the surface of what she can do on a bike.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Maybe... not saying it as a lack of respect to women or Chloe...just emphasising she was super... I did not check her Strava but I would be curious to see it compared to some elite men. BTW, a couple of climbs looked "painful"... Most of the top women were sitting and putting the small gear and nobody trying to move forward with power but Chloe..
Definitely, she had the engine, the aero position and the confidence despite the wet turns.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She didn’t have a power meter on during the race, and she said that was big part of why she won.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that just a felt b12? Also bell javelin?

On an interesting note it looks like the flat bridge on the extensions would allow you to extend reach 3-4cm beyond UCI, while still maintaining UCI BB-> extensions limit.

IE is she hooking her thumbs in and allowing her hands to hang off the front?

Not sure from video.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Is that just a felt b12? Also bell javelin?

Felt DA and an old Catlike helmet. Looks like Kristin Armstrong's old kit actually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
I did not check her Strava but I would be curious to see it compared to some elite men.

She would have placed 11th in the U23 Men, ahead of numerous World Tour team pros. Same course, same distance. To be fair, their conditions were a fair bit worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Maybe... not saying it as a lack of respect to women or Chloe...just emphasising she was super....
I'm sure it wasn't intentional but it does show a lack of respect to women in general when instead of saying they're really good in their own right, the phrase you used suggests being good is the preserve of men. Essentially insinuating there is something un-feminine about high performance. Again, I'm not saying you intended offence, but if I was a female athlete and you said that to me, I think I'd be rather angry.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
juanillo wrote:
I did not check her Strava but I would be curious to see it compared to some elite men.

She would have placed 11th in the U23 Men, ahead of numerous World Tour team pros. Same course, same distance. To be fair, their conditions were a fair bit worse.

The conditions were miserable for both events, but the U23 was super scary with the standing water on the roads. Everyone should watch the 15 minute recap of the U23 race on Youtube to really appreciate what a miserable and dangerous day on the bike looks like. Top speeds in the 50 mph range, super twisty route, and places where the water was about 10 inches deep. It made Paris-Roubaix look pretty darn tame.

What I find really amazing about Chloe's ride was that she stayed upright while still putting minutes into everyone. Not only was she super powerful and aero, her bike handling skills had to excellent just to stay upright. Impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see footage of her first 15K, because that is where she put about 3/4 of her time into everyone. Relatively speaking she definitely faded in the second half only barely extending her margins. For van de breggen to be down 75 seconds at the first time split at 15K is just out of control.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She actually put even time across the entire course into almost everyone. The two Dutch are superior climbers to her and limited their losses to her on the hillier parts of the course which came a little later. But the leader at the time she came in, I think Amialiusik, she consistently put more time into. It was really only the two from Netherlands that fared well relatively at any point in the course to her.

Here's a link to the results page. The PDF has the midway and 2nd half split. She just plain dominated.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't think that was what the OP was getting at.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first indication that something special was going on was quite early when she blew past her minute rider, Brennauer from Germany, only 7 or 8K in like she was standing still. Van de Velde is knowledgeable enough commentator to know the riders and that Brennauer is a real contender (she ended up 10th) and picked up first that something extraordinary was underway.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Chloe has a massive engine and an incredible ability to push her body to its absolute limits.
Plus, she has the direct guidance from Kristen Armstrong.
Finally, her position looks amazing from all the work with ERO.

Put all that together, and the results are pretty clear.

That was awesome. They literally had to peel her off of her bike at the finish.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
juanillo wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Maybe... not saying it as a lack of respect to women or Chloe...just emphasising she was super....

I'm sure it wasn't intentional but it does show a lack of respect to women in general when instead of saying they're really good in their own right, the phrase you used suggests being good is the preserve of men. Essentially insinuating there is something un-feminine about high performance. Again, I'm not saying you intended offence, but if I was a female athlete and you said that to me, I think I'd be rather angry.

So, you beat the poor guy up because he was, "essentially insinuating there is something un-feminine about high performance" and also saying, "if I was a female athlete and you said that to me, I think I'd be rather angry."

I'm sure your response wasn't intentional either, but by jumping in, you're essentially insinuating that women can't defend themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
juanillo wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
juanillo wrote:

So, you beat the poor guy up because he was, "essentially insinuating there is something un-feminine about high performance" and also saying, "if I was a female athlete and you said that to me, I think I'd be rather angry."

I'm sure your response wasn't intentional either, but by jumping in, you're essentially insinuating that women can't defend themselves.
How's that?
You'll have to explain that logic to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her performance was phenomenal, but the original post of this thread is (almost certainly inadvertently) really poorly worded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the women I ride with edged out Chloe Dygert at the line in a crit earlier this year.

So I like seeing Dygert perform well, it makes beating her look even more impressive. :)
Last edited by: HTupolev: Sep 27, 19 0:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those passes are reminiscent of Kinle at the 2012 WC in Vegas! I wonder what sort of power she put out, knowing that she didn't actually use a PM for the race.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Hello
I saw a man within a woman´s body yesterday...
... and with that, I'm out of this thread. WTF, OP.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it a bird? Is it a jet? no, it is Chloe Dygert [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Chloe mentioned, she lives near Seattle, so she is used to riding in the rain and on wet roads. She woke up feeling like the conditions were advantageous to her, but I still couldn't fathom the speed she was taking some of those wet curves and turns. Made me cringe.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
juanillo wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
juanillo wrote:

How's that?
You'll have to explain that logic to me.

I took it to mean that he saw a woman perform at an elite male cyclist's level.

I can understand wanting to focus on the person's effort itself, without bringing up comparisons about known and accepted physiological differences between men and women.

Given that, yeah, it's not fair to bring that up when talking about a woman's efforts.

But your comment about "essentially insinuating there is something un-feminine about high performance" is really reaching deep.

How did he insinuate that if he didn't say anything about feeling that it was wrong, or didn't seem right? He seemed mighty impressed to me. I didn't read it to mean that he thought she was somehow less a woman for displaying the strength of a man.

Now, if he posted a picture of a female crossfitter and said that and said something like "that doesn't look like a woman to me"..........we'd have a whole different story on our hands. Lots of people have problems with "strong women" still being feminine. I don't get that kind of thing at all from his post.

I think you need to dial it back just a bit. The OP gets the point, the entire forum gets the point, let's move on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next