Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ?
Quote | Reply
Just throwing this here...
Discuss...I sure could use a few good deals right now...

Louis :-)
Last edited by: louisn: Nov 4, 20 11:26
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why wouldn't it be ethical?
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think someone usually starts a sticky thread at the top of the page when the deals really start developing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a Garmin Fenix 5X plus sapphire at Best Buy for $350
More watch than I probably need but man is it fun to play with. Have been watching for one for several months and not even the Garmin Outlet can come close to that price New
Good luck- I too am looking to spend some "stimulus" $$$

I see Bike Doctor just posted a similar deal on the 5 plus-

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Last edited by: mxblues98: Nov 4, 20 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [mxblues98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be any road bike deals this year given the lack of supply? I’m hopeful, but unlikely
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so people understand the nomenclature, the world "black" in "Black Friday" traditionally marks the day retailers make it into the "black" for the year. That is to say, "break even" with red denoting a loss and green denoting a profit.
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Just so people understand the nomenclature, the world "black" in "Black Friday" traditionally marks the day retailers make it into the "black" for the year. That is to say, "break even" with red denoting a loss and green denoting a profit.

To add - whilst I know Black Friday was a North American initiative when it came to retail selling, in the UK we'd use 'in the black' as in profit (whether by 1 penny or 1 billion). But the same understanding- historically the day retailers finally covered off all their fixed yearly costs and were 'out of the red and into the black'. From how colours were used in profit and loss accounts.
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
why wouldn't it be ethical?

no idea, but perhaps the OP feels that making discretionary spending at time when millions of his fellow compatriots are out of work a tad tacky?

Then again, I find the whole bacchanalia that is post-Thanksgiving shopping to be tacky. The one secular holiday that is uniquely American, and retailers have to move their sales so that it starts on Thursday evening. Just 24 hours when the lowly-paid could get a break, is that too much to ask?
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [mxblues98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there much difference between the fenix 5 and 6?
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One could argue that now is a good time to “spend it if you’ve got it” so to speak. I’m happy that bike shops are doing well. Beyond that, not triathlon or bike related, I’m happy to spend a little more on take out from restaurants or bars to help the little I can.
Quote Reply
Re: Is is ethical to talk about 2020 black friday deal ? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strange start to what is usually the only thread the entire year without any controversy in it. I want a redo thread when BF sales area ready to be posted!
Quote Reply