Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is a fluid trainer pointless if you get a computrainer?
Quote | Reply
I have a fluid trainer, and I was thinking about getting a computrainer. Is it pointless then to keep the fluid trainer? Would it be worth keeping to do spinervals every now and then? Or could I just do those on the CT?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Is a fluid trainer pointless if you get a computrainer? [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might be good for travel. Also if you do road cycling it is nice to have for warm ups.
Quote Reply
Re: Is a fluid trainer pointless if you get a computrainer? [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Cycleops fluid trainer has a smoother feel than a Computrainer. It's also easier to connect your bike to it. I like riding my Cycleops for low intensity workouts and end up using it about 25% of the time I train indoors. It is also a benefit to be able to take it to races for warmups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would bet that the Kinetics road machine fluid trainer with 6lb flywheel is likely much smoother and has more of a road feel than a Computrainer.

Instead of a Computrainer, why not get a Powertap? You can take your power training on the road, and on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well I have both. My fluid trainer serves as a decent bike stand but I haven't used it for two years. I bought an old bike w/o brakes, 8-speed etc and just dedicate that to the CT. No mucking about with cables each time - just get on and ride.

then again, if you *really* want a fluid trainer, mine is available!

rmur
Quote Reply
Re: Is a fluid trainer pointless if you get a computrainer? [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much and what is it?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short answer- yes, unless you want a trainer to warm up on before races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the ct is suprisingly easy to travel with -as long as where you're going has an outlet. i use it when i travel to my mom's in ergo mode. i lent my cyclops fluid to a friend when i got the ct 2 years ago and haven't seen it since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fluid trainer is useless if you have a computrainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Is a fluid trainer pointless if you get a computrainer? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no - not useless - but redundant.
Quote Reply