Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Wish.com legit?
Quote | Reply
I just came across wish.com they have some "Rapha" kit at some crazy prices, is this another version of alibaba with a bunch of knockoffs, or are these actually legit closeouts?.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
I just came across wish.com they have some "Rapha" kit at some crazy prices, is this another version of alibaba with a bunch of knockoffs, or are these actually legit closeouts?.

Counterfeit.
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [trener1]d [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish is legit. The stuff you buy on it is all fake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish is a legit company (lots of venture funding).

Their model is selling lots of cheap stuff from China to millennials (their sweet spot is <$5 notion items). Expect long shipping times.

So, yes; if you see Rapha or any other high end brand it's almost certainly low quality knockoffs. Just like Alibaba, don't expect the item to look exactly like the photo (since the photo is often taken from the legit company's website).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's like the worst of the worst when it comes to fakes. My suggestion: avoid as I think you'd still be disappointed, even if expectations are low to start with.

Clubs/Affiliations: The Rippers / Charles River Wheelers / Cambridge Sports Union
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [adoucett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks guys.
I have no interest in buying fake/knockoffs/stolen designs.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [adoucett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adoucett wrote:
It's like the worst of the worst when it comes to fakes. My suggestion: avoid as I think you'd still be disappointed, even if expectations are low to start with.

My mom bought what she thought was a shirt with fine needle work on it. What she got was a shirt with an iron-on decal of the picture from the site.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [mbeaugard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i tried to buy a webcam. i got as far as paying for it. what i got via email was an envelope from the vendor saying, "at this time your order has become back-rodered tue to our limted warehouse staff... you may request a refund at any time."

so i requested a refund, from Wish.com, as that was the only way to get a refund. not only did Wish not give a refund, they actively fought my attempt to get a refund from my credit card company.

they have next-to-no communication with the customer. as well as i can tell, it may just be canned responses, computer generated. i got one of those, replied to it, and then nothing. this was in april.

accordingly, i guess i place this in the same category as eBay, except down a run. you just have no idea what you're getting; or if you're going to get it. the only thing that you can apparently count on is that they'll fight your attempt to get your money back from your credit card company. in point of fact, i lost my dispute with Wish. my credit card company refunded me anyway. but, this was my credit card company taking the loss.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [mbeaugard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbeaugard wrote:
adoucett wrote:

My mom bought what she thought was a shirt with fine needle work on it. What she got was a shirt with an iron-on decal of the picture from the site.

That kind of experience is exactly the entertainment of ordering from Wish. I would order it on the assumption that the fabric will either be cotton or see through, Rapha will be spelled with an F and the chamois will be made from brillo pads. All of the components are there, but of the worst quality or substitutions as to be comical.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:

That kind of experience is exactly the entertainment of ordering from Wish. I would order it on the assumption that the fabric will either be cotton or see through, Rapha will be spelled with an F and the chamois will be made from brillo pads. All of the components are there, but of the worst quality or substitutions as to be comical.

LMAO. I just about spit coffee all over my keyboard.
Last edited by: Mell: Jun 16, 20 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend tried to build a computer on wish a couple of years back. He knew it was hot garbage but thought it'd be fun. (and planned to give it away)

The amount of care that went into what were obviously fake parts was actually pretty impressive. Someone actually took the time to write a (fake) bios on some of the stuff so that if you somehow got the computer to boot up, when you checked it would tell you it was what you had purchased. Of course that in itself caused myriad problems, and in the end we got it to load windows but not much else.

So only buy from wish for a laugh.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought some rather interesting shaped fishing lures for a guys trip. They are hilarious to bust out and I am sure introduced some insane toxic chemical to every lake they have been used in.

The packaging and shipping times are half the fun. It is like buying gifts of random shit for your future self.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife uses Wish for trinkets and decorations for the toddler's birthday parties. We also order princess dresses from them. Yes they are of questionable quality, but when a 4 yr old is going to put it on and run around outside, I'll happily pay $5 for an Elsia dress instead of $60 for the real Elsa dress from the Disney store.

And yes, little crap is always showing up at my house. Shipping takes 6-8 weeks, so when I ask my wife what it is, she just tells me to open it and find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish.com = Alibaba.com = Aliexpress.com = taobao.com = 1688.com = JD.com = DHGate.com = TMall.com

All are Chinese marketplaces that offer only counterfeit/knockoff merchandise. If you order from those sites you will receive subpar or garbage product (if you receive anything at all). You are also supporting companies that ripoff the IPR held by legitimate companies. By purchasing from these sites you are getting screwed while screwing legit companies.

Caveat emptor.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most surprising thing to me about Wish is that it obviously only sells poor knockoffs that look nothing like the picture and yet there are still people sending them money. It's looks intentionally worse than alibaba, like they're trolling. Truly the Nigerian email scam of this generation.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Jul 16, 20 1:55
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [M_Thomsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M_Thomsen wrote:
Wish.com = Alibaba.com = Aliexpress.com = taobao.com = 1688.com = JD.com = DHGate.com = TMall.com

All are Chinese marketplaces that offer only counterfeit/knockoff merchandise. If you order from those sites you will receive subpar or garbage product (if you receive anything at all). You are also supporting companies that ripoff the IPR held by legitimate companies. By purchasing from these sites you are getting screwed while screwing legit companies.

Caveat emptor.

+1

I used to order from Wish and the products are cheaper than you can imagine, and shipping takes a long time. Half my orders never arrived, but refunds were never a problem for me. Go in with low expectations and you'll still end up disappointed at some stage.

But I don't order anymore, I can't support companies that work by screwing over others.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [djhuff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djhuff7 wrote:
My wife uses Wish for trinkets and decorations for the toddler's birthday parties. We also order princess dresses from them. Yes they are of questionable quality, but when a 4 yr old is going to put it on and run around outside, I'll happily pay $5 for an Elsia dress instead of $60 for the real Elsa dress from the Disney store.

And yes, little crap is always showing up at my house. Shipping takes 6-8 weeks, so when I ask my wife what it is, she just tells me to open it and find out.

"questionable quality"
And questionable SAFETY. Cancer causing chemicals. Lead paint on toys.
A consumer program here ran tests on some of the Chinese cheap jewelry... it was BAD.
The kind of fun stuff I'd never use myself let alone give to a child.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered a "Rapha" jersey from Wish as a lark a couple of months ago, just to see what would show up (it finally got here today).

I figured it was a low-risk endeavor on my end for a few reasons...

1. They accept Venmo, and I had some dollars hanging out in my Venmo account.

2. I wasn't in a hurry to get it.

3. I have a bunch of cheap, colorful jerseys from amazon that I use for commuting...I figured the quality couldn't be any worse than those.

After seeing it today, I can confirm that it is 100% not a real Rapha jersey (surprise surprise!), and it does appear to be on par with my amazon jerseys.

An interesting experiment, but I don't think they've earned my repeat business. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A customer of mine was telling me about a helmet he got on wish.

I told him it's all cheap fakes and not to risk his head in that thing.

He's sure it's legit and loves it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish is a meme at this point. I guess this says everything: https://i0.wp.com/...=770%2C770&ssl=1
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wish.com legit? [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see taking a flyer on a cheap jersey.
But man buying a fake helmet, that has seriously got to be the dumbest thing you can do.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a legal guru but given that its all fake, are Rapha and other legit retailers not able to go after them for counterfeit? Is it that it is in China or just not worth it?
Quote Reply