Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history?
Quote | Reply
I'm not trying to make any conclusions here other than it was really really fast. Though I did first see a similar comparison by a known agitator on twitter. I got these times straight from the tracker, not using the times I saw on twitter.

Has there ever been a comparable female cyclist in triathlon? Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history?

Time for last 70km of 2018 Kona bike course:

Cameron Wurf: 1:35:25
Bart Aernouts: 1:35:20
Daniela Ryf: 1:37:12
Andrew Staryko...: 1:37:38
Patrick Lange: 1:38:00
Javier Gomez: 1:38:46
Lucy Charles: 1:44:56

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you cite just the last 70k?

Probably a good reason. Just curious what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history? [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reason, which I think is obvious, is that her last 70k was much more competitive with the pro men than the overall bike time. I'm not trying to hide that.

There could be several reasons for this - all speculation. But I think it is notable.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history? [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People kept saying that the race "started 40 miles out". And it's been where ryf has thrown down the last 2 years
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think for many, it's the section from Kawaihae to T2 that makes or breaks you - and it doesn't show up in your bike split, it shows up in your run.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryf is GOAT women's long course triathlete, not just uber biker.

Few remember she had already gone 8:22 in Roth.
Without being stung by a jellyfish it's possible she could have found an extra 8 minutes and beat the fastest ever women's iron distance time of 8:18 by Wellington in Roth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m going to have to say yes, and that she executes amazing pacing strategy. She was riding fast but then just like last year started motoring in the back half. It was visible just watching her. She was obviously working very hard. I was wondering how her run was going to go after that, but it was obviously all to plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I take into account that she followed it up with the 15th fastest overall run time, the back half of Ryf's bike leg was the most incredible thing I think I've ever seen in triathlon.

Actual footage of Ryf going by Charles on the bike course:

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Oct 15, 18 10:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One could argue that she is not, but not me. She is amazing!
I am a big Chrissie fan, but I can’t argue that Ryf is at least as good if not better.
Chrissie always had that smile that makes her my favorite.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a cynic, and I don't like that this is my first impulse, but i find performances like this just beggar belief. that she put time into Charles is one thing, but time into Starky? I don't know...

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I'm not trying to make any conclusions here other than it was really really fast. Though I did first see a similar comparison by a known agitator on twitter. I got these times straight from the tracker, not using the times I saw on twitter.

Has there ever been a comparable female cyclist in triathlon? Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history?

You are missing an age-group in 45-49 who went 1:38:09 for that section ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ryf the greatest uber-biker in all triathlon history? [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

You are missing an age-group in 45-49 who went 1:38:09 for that section ;)

🤪

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply