Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Is FALCO bike company still alive?
Quote | Reply
I have sent them several emails and all I get is that the main guy quit for personnel reasons and I have to email this other person. Then I have emailed that person and nobody replies. I have sent several emails about wind tunnel testing, frame water bottles, etc... I have a seat post question as well but nobody responds. REALLY shitty customer service and I have to say stay away from them if your interested based on this. The seat post is a PITA, no wind tunnel data, the original stem kept snapping bolts (I use a Zipp Vuka stealth now) and no customer service. I can't help but feel my 2009 Scott Plasma was faster. Yes you can burn me at the stake now for buying one. Disclaimer is that it was used, fit's better than Scott Plasma and was a good price.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here; I used every email / message address I could find. A few bounced back, for most I just got no response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't quote me, but it's folded
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, you bought a used bike and want customer service? Um... you're not their customer.

A lot of companies do help out anyway, but that's a courtesy.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never bought a bike from them. My attempts at contacting them were questions about buying one. Since I got no response, I never bought one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah because asking for a response is a lot to ask for?! I've heard nothing but negatives about the bike and company. Matt Russell was the last pro I'd seen on one, and I just saw he's riding a Diamondback now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To inquire about buying replacement seat posts, options on water bottles, any wind tunnel data? Not everybody is looking for free stuff. So yeah, I expect them to help. Plenty of businesses offer replacement parts. It's called aftermarket and while the bike business may not rely on aftermarket sales. it is still sales.

Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
Yeah because asking for a response is a lot to ask for?! I've heard nothing but negatives about the bike and company. Matt Russell was the last pro I'd seen on one, and I just saw he's riding a Diamondback now

Well, actually Patrick Lange was their last sponsored pro who won this year's Ironman North American Championship in Texas.

https://patrick-lange.org/author/administrator/

Last edited by: tie3: Aug 4, 16 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies. That's why I said Matt was the last I'd seen, and not Matt was their last pro. Pretty much all the pros they had are on other bikes this year. Is Patrick still with Falco?
Last edited by: rjrankin: Aug 4, 16 14:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
Apologies. That's why I said Matt was the last I'd seen, and not Matt was their last pro. Pretty much all the pros they had are on other bikes this year. Is Patrick still with Falco?

Uh! Gotcha!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't that the guy who sang "Rock Me Amadeus"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
Matt Russell was the last pro I'd seen on one, and I just saw he's riding a Diamondback now

Gross.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would sleep just fine if they were gone for good.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is that? Poor conduct, poor products, or something else?

I always thought that they looked interesting, although I was never that tempted by their bikes (for the same reasons I'm not interested in other beam bikes).

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had to rely on my mechanics and myself to put fixes on this thing. I have had the same issue on the srem bolts twice now and had to ride it that way during a race dngerously. The handle bar would go down everytime I hit a bump. I now stock up on the bolt but will trynthe zipp bar to get rid of the heavy stem. The expander inside the fork also had to be replaced. We had to drill out the bolt on the compartment cover behind the aero bottle as it snapped from rusting and I now use a cut out tube valve to hold it there. Inam scared about the seatpost bolt as I am not sure if the bulging on the seam by the bolt is a crack or just a paint job issue. I have follow d their torque recommendation. Other than that I love this bike and the attention it gets on races. It is one of a kind always. It is a shame they might have folded but I am keeping mine for rare collection and will continue to ride it. Keep this thread going please if you have anything good or bad to share
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is exactly why i purchased a dimond a couple of years ago. At the time, I could have bought a falco quite a bit less money and declined to do so. Something about buying a bike from a Chinese start up company scared me. Dimond on the other hand has been AWESOME. There is never a time you can't call and someone answers the phone. If they have a booth at your race, they are like having a personal pit crew. They will do just about anything to ensure your ongoing happiness.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word has it that Falco are indeed bankrupt and Patrick Lange is now on a Canyon. Last year in Kona the man behind Falco was standing at the bike check-in with a neutral t-shirt and a media badge. He said he was taking a break.

tie3 wrote:
rjrankin wrote:

Well, actually Patrick Lange was their last sponsored pro who won this year's Ironman North American Championship in Texas.
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sucks. I give him credit for trying to start a business but he should put something on their website. Hopefully at some point they will sell seat posts so I can get a few in-case I switch seats.

Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [BGNole97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BGNole97 wrote:

Hey don't be bringing Rock me Amadeus into this....but if you insist....here we go from the top of the chart circa 1985:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

Full video in all its cheesy 80's big hair glory. All I remember is a drunken haze of 5 days of partying in Amsterdam as a 20 year old with this silly song and Relax from Frankie goes to Hollywood playing in the brown cafe. Seems that the immortality of that version of Falco outlasted the bike.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 5, 16 12:09
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [BGNole97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BGNole97 wrote:

Look what you did....now I have Der Kommisar playing in the background...you are evil:

https://www.youtube.com/...p;list=RDcVikZ8Oe_XA

English version by "After the Fire"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfFDTPPlaM
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a great song. I just blasted this in remembrance of the bike company and I have now just started a challenge in the office to see who could find older great songs that you don't hear on the radio anymore. Great songs playing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alien wrote:
I have sent them several emails and all I get is that the main guy quit for personnel reasons and I have to email this other person. Then I have emailed that person and nobody replies. I have sent several emails about wind tunnel testing, frame water bottles, etc... I have a seat post question as well but nobody responds. REALLY shitty customer service and I have to say stay away from them if your interested based on this. The seat post is a PITA, no wind tunnel data, the original stem kept snapping bolts (I use a Zipp Vuka stealth now) and no customer service. I can't help but feel my 2009 Scott Plasma was faster. Yes you can burn me at the stake now for buying one. Disclaimer is that it was used, fit's better than Scott Plasma and was a good price.

Well, all I needed to know about this company I learned when someone posted on Slowtwitch that they were sponsoring Michi Weiss. I called them out on twitter for sponsoring a doper and linked to the ST thread and they repeatedly called me a liar - literally used the word liar. Then, two days later when they announced the sponsorship deal, I tweeted reminding them what they said before and they accused me of stealing proprietary company information despite the fact that my original tweet showed it was out on ST!!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am usually really good about obsessing over something before i buy but I got emotional about this one. Kicking myself in the ass. Hopefully the bike holds up.

Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [mcregal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same dangerous issue so I changed my cockpit to Tririg. Works great. Other issue is the seat post. The wedge gets worn out and you start slipping. Pretty much have to rig to keep it in place. Other than that its a nice looking unique bike. I replaced the skinny looking fork with an aftermarket and no brake cables are exposed now. Keeping mine even after I buy a new one. Had it for 4 years... Binny (owner) I heard abandoned ship and actually left the factory workers unpaid. Sad
Quote Reply
Re: Is FALCO bike company still alive? [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see 2019s for sale on AliExpress and their Facebook page is showing bikes as well. Anybody know the story? Is the owner back?

Quote Reply

Prev Next