Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Louisville
Quote | Reply
I am signed up for Ironman Louisville, and am looking at hotels to stay in. I know all the downtown ones are probably the best ones, but a little out of my price range. I was wondering if staying a little further away from downtown is feasible with driving in and parking on race morning? any advise would be fantastic. thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [wbk1444] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be our third year staying at the "Residence Inn Louisville East"

It's about a 10 minute drive to downtown.

We love it.

I would never ever ever stay downtown, I like to be "away" from everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no issue with not staying downtown. Louisville is very easy to get around and most everything is within a 20 minute drive. You should be able to find plenty of parking race morning close to transition and you will end up having a shorter walk than if you would have stayed downtown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Airbnb last year and found a condo downtown that was right across from the baseball field. It was awesome. Was able to cook my own meals, etc. From a location standpoint, I was able to walk to swim start, packet pickup and finish line. However, since we were not in a hotel I was able to stay close to the race while getting away when I needed to. I personally like to be close to the race start/finish so that my family has a place to setup shop and so I can walk home after the race.

For Louisville, I would recommend staying around the swim start area. I stayed right at the finish one year which was great after the race and no regrets but it makes the morning and parking a little more difficult (any I rather my stress be low race morning). You don't need to be near packet pickup as the only thing you do over there is pickup packets and go to rolldown/expo.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with Tyler. Have always stayed a bit away from the central hub-bub surrounding the race venue. My girlfriend and I will stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville East. A 10-minute drive from downtown via 64.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [oceanshaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oceanshaman wrote:
I'm with Tyler. Have always stayed a bit away from the central hub-bub surrounding the race venue. My girlfriend and I will stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville East. A 10-minute drive from downtown via 64.

Think that's pretty close to where I am!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've stayed in both the Galt House and across the river in Jefferson and liked across the river much more. Everything was still really easy to get to / from and you didn't have to deal with the amped up atmosphere of the host hotel.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [fletcherandrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI for Hotwire users/fans, the 3.5 star downtown hotel for about $100/night is the Sheraton Riverside which is in Jeffersonville on the river

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The clarion something across the river (in IN actually) has rooms for $80.
The cheap ones in LV were all smoking.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you racing Francois? Good luck to my French-Mexican Mississippian American friend!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You forgot Australian. I hate to say I'm racing just in case something happens by then ;-)
But in theory, it's possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot the AUS. At any rate you bring a lot of culture to my FB feed.

I'll just ignore you like baseball players ignoring a pitcher pitching a perfect game until I see some results from IML ;)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a secret, if you've got the cajones to wait, do a priceline.com bid on downtown hotels that are rated 3.5 stars and above. There are only about 3 or 4 and they'll all be close to the finish line. Not all rooms get booked and you might snag a last minute deal. I'd start the bid at $80 or $90 and see what happens. You can always go up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wbk1444 wrote:
I am signed up for Ironman Louisville, and am looking at hotels to stay in. I know all the downtown ones are probably the best ones, but a little out of my price range. I was wondering if staying a little further away from downtown is feasible with driving in and parking on race morning? any advise would be fantastic. thank you

I am booked at the host hotel, the Galt, at the Ironman rate for 3 nights. Total is $540 including taxes/fees.
I'm trying to get out of it as I have other arrangements now, but they are telling me I have to pay one-night fee for cancellation unless I find someone to take the spot.

If you, or anyone, is interested in the host hotel at the IM rate PM me!

I need a room just for Sat night..coming to volunteer. Anyone have a spare bed, couch, floor? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed...in the past we've gotten the Brown and the Seelbach for under $100/night for rqce weeeknd.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [IronHoosier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are coming from? I live in Bloomington IN and will be making the 2 hour drive down Sunday morning to watch/coach my athletes racing. I could possibly house you and you could ride down with me depending on when you have to be there to volunteer Sunday.

Owner of Dream Big Triathlon Coaching LLC
http://www.dreambigtriathloncoaching.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [DreamBigTriCoac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am coming from Indianapolis. I am hanging with a pro friend of mine on Saturday, so I will need to be there Saturday a.m. sometime. thanks anyways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check the gault house
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's the Ramada Inn at Zorn Ave and River Road, about 3 or so miles from Transition on the bike coarse.
Quote Reply