Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Lake Placid Sold Out
Quote | Reply
Based on the webpage, the general registration for Lake Placid in 2024 is filled. There are still Ironman Foundation entries for the rich and famous. Maybe having fewer Ironman 140.6 races in North America will be a good financial investment for Ironman and a better athlete experience for participants.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Sold Out [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are foundation slots just for the rich and famous now?

I though the foundation slots was a cheaper option for those willing to fundraiser for the ironman foundation 501c3?
Did they stop the charitable aspect and move to a celebrity focus??
Seems like an odd move if they did
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Sold Out [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STeaveA wrote:
Are foundation slots just for the rich and famous now?

I though the foundation slots was a cheaper option for those willing to fundraiser for the ironman foundation 501c3?
Did they stop the charitable aspect and move to a celebrity focus??
Seems like an odd move if they did

My understanding was that a foundation entry was always double the price of a normal entry if you didn't want to fundraise.
I'm not sure what the cost was if you joined some fund raising 'team', and not sure if that was always an option for every race. But I can see on the Placid registration page, they do offer both the double price entry, and some fund raising option with IMF. Nirvana may also have some entries.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Aug 29, 23 4:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
candyman wrote:
Based on the webpage, the general registration for Lake Placid in 2024 is filled. There are still Ironman Foundation entries for the rich and famous. Maybe having fewer Ironman 140.6 races in North America will be a good financial investment for Ironman and a better athlete experience for participants.

as far as I know LP has sold out most years. It is notable that it sold out this soon (maybe a few months early?). I think we need to wait to see if other NA IM races also sell out now (that didn't before the reduction in races) in order to make the call if it was a good decision for IM and participants.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Sold Out [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All those athletes from Ontario and Quebec who used to drive across border to IMLP started driving to Tremblant in 2012, and now their younger equivalents have to drive over to LP as the only drive to Ironman options. Other than that, they have to fly.

So now with the sellouts at LP look for all the hotel price gouging and minimum stays to get even worse than old times!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Sold Out [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
All those athletes from Ontario and Quebec who used to drive across border to IMLP started driving to Tremblant in 2012, and now their younger equivalents have to drive over to LP as the only drive to Ironman options. Other than that, they have to fly.

So now with the sellouts at LP look for all the hotel price gouging and minimum stays to get even worse than old times!

The price gouging is real now!! A "host" on AirBnB has 2 units available July 17 - 22:

Option 1: King studio...$13,958
Option 2: 2-bedroom...$18,220

Talk about pipe dream....!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Sold Out [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used VRBO as Airbnb seemed way higher.

I got a house, 7 nights. Can cancel 60 days out. 3 min walk to beach start. 5100
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year????!?
Maybe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are nirvana entries available for $1175. They come with an "experience." with a bunch of VIP services and perks. Better option than Foundation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would guess that it being the 25th edition has something to do with it selling out so quickly this year.

Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:
I would guess that it being the 25th edition has something to do with it selling out so quickly this year.

No more Treblant is my guess.
Quote Reply