Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Am I mistaken in thinking Kienle is wearing an aero road helmet?

You're not mistaken. Looks like a Scott Cadence, same one that Orica uses.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [shamrocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember when slowtwitchers used to complain that there was no IM coverage. Now we even have start to finish audio and video and the complains don't stop. So typical.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brent McMahon is so upright, can't believe Specialized hasn't helped him improve that.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [flyingirish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was sooooo lame. They just used Kennedy's Rice stadium speech. It was about landing on the fricken moon. Not some pokey event in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wonder if we'll actually find out if the swim is 'accurate' now, or if maybe it was 'just' time to get a sub-8 Kona win...

Just like Anthony Weiner, or Paul Ryan and his marathon, we will know for sure how much they shortened the swim. In this day and age no one gets away with anything, and like all the cheaters we catch here, we will ferret out this one too. To you and I it is obvious, but the rest will need proof and they will get it. All this google earth and map stuff will be the final word. People have saved screen shots of past years, so they will be able to show how much they got moved in.

Who would have thunk that the real doping story of this years Ironman would be the swim course!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it should have been….it was total tongue in cheek which i wrote him the same. I did write it from 15 years of swimming the same course so i'm not a total "non expert"….he should know, its fast one way its not the other…..most of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. I was watching the german feed with Frodo crushing when it came on it so it fit pretty good.

Train to race. Race to win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flyingirish wrote:
It just updated. he's closing the gap to the 2nd group.

Seems we'll have two bunches soon, with LS in the second.
Last edited by: GreatScott: Oct 8, 16 11:14
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool Ventum commercial
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does and the second bunch is in pulling in the first group.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Cdn_Biker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I remember him mentioning the position was tested but there was some issues with his body that did not allow for a very low position.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

ironman.com wrote:
The lead men have passed Waikoloa with McMahon and Potts still leading. It's still a long line with the top 20 riders spread out over 30 seconds on the road.

Think of all the saved watts.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seriously who cares

the intersting stuff is that the lead groups were bigger and in the maes the shorten swim has 0 impact as the 2nd pack was closing at the end.

monty wrote:
I just wonder if we'll actually find out if the swim is 'accurate' now, or if maybe it was 'just' time to get a sub-8 Kona win...

Just like Anthony Weiner, or Paul Ryan and his marathon, we will know for sure how much they shortened the swim. In this day and age no one gets away with anything, and like all the cheaters we catch here, we will ferret out this one too. To you and I it is obvious, but the rest will need proof and they will get it. All this google earth and map stuff will be the final word. People have saved screen shots of past years, so they will be able to show how much they got moved in.

Who would have thunk that the real doping story of this years Ironman would be the swim course!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jordan swam 52:34. let's say that swim is 1:30 fast. still, 54-flat on a normal day is a great swim for jordan. more importantly he came out of the water with jesse thomas, which i doubt jordan has ever done, and kienle.

but the real race for him starts now because arnouts, weiss, skipper all took 1:30 out of him to ride up to him (and kienle and thomas). what's the over/under on how long it takes that group to catch the front group? and who among those 7 is going to stick through 100 miles?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting (and good) to see LS sitting in the chase group and not just blowing through solo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Wasn't the 'doping' story last year from the swim too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I followed, but didn't follow that thread. I did see that thread. But, no one really seemed to say definitively that the Kona swim would be shorter.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zamm0 wrote:
all these really aero frames....and then they stick their heads up like periscopes

this... aero this aero that but the head still sticking out!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordan swam 52:34. let's say that swim is 1:30 fast. still, 54-flat on a normal day is a great swim for jordan. more importantly he came out of the water with jesse thomas, which i doubt jordan has ever done, and kienle.

but the real race for him starts now because arnouts, weiss, skipper all took 1:30 out of him to ride up to him (and kienle and thomas). what's the over/under on how long it takes that group to catch the front group? and who among those 7 is going to stick through 100 miles?

Ya 4;30 off the lead group or so is about average for him, but like you said, he came out with better riders. Just hope he throws out his power meter and just races with them. Not sure though about them catching quickly, lot of horsepower in the lead group too. Good thing is everyone has a shot at glory today, can't really blame early position as a big factor, as everyone is set very well right now.

And yes, the 100 mile mark is going to be very telling on the rest of the day, I figure the usual suspects with a couple outsiders mixed int there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The second group is within striking distance now to the first group

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raelerts open suit flapping away. Must be hot out there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't it be nice if they kept the Best Bike Split guy on the mic and sent Welchie away?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Interesting (and good) to see LS sitting in the chase group and not just blowing through solo.

Sanders needs to close the gap to the Kienle train soon. He sat in that 3rd group for a while but didn't appear to close the gap much. That swim just destroyed his chances. It will be very difficult to pick up the pieces.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Sanders is dropping his group and making his move. Pretty much now or never.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One big group now on the road with a few stragglers off the back.

Quote Reply

Prev Next