Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will go in and out during the day depending on where the camera is at.

Train to race. Race to win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please Twitter Welch and lavato again about the new turn buoy. This is getting embarrassing

Swim - ( x ) All good ( ) In the shop
Bike - ( x ) All good ( ) In the shop
Run - ( ) All good ( x ) In the shop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks fantastic through my Roku3 Livestream app on my 60 inch TV.
:)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like there is some good cyclists around Rapp that will help close the gap to the leaders.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
25th place at 49-flat? why would you say the course is short?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so 2:50 faster than last year...most likely over 200m difference with last year... lionel out in 56min....but already almost 10min behind....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished watching the All Blacks whip South Africa's ass through chromecast (currently no tv aerial here so all viewing is done through the net), and the resolution was so much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [flyingirish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lead Womens group dogging the swim and going to go 52, case closed on the shortened course..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanders is going to have a bit of work to do being several minutes down and by himself.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I know what you mean.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so 2:50 faster than last year...most likely over 200m difference with last year..

Ya Jonnyo, that seems to be the consensus, the course was shortened about 200m or so from all the other 35 years. I dont like it, but they can do what they want, the new owners have a different sensibility about history than I do I guess..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flyingirish wrote:
Sanders is going to have a bit of work to do being several minutes down and by himself.

pity but OTOH looking forward to see him smash the bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the German video on the TV and the IM broadcast on my Chromebook. Once I clicked out of the IM broadcast it took me abot 20 minutes to get the Germans working. My picture and sound to really line up but the German picture looks better.

I saw the new Diamondback in transition. Man that thing looks wild. Glad I have a Felt IA.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rinny out of the water only about 3 minutes down?! She's in GREAT position.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is Frodeno not showing up on the GPS tracking page? Shows McMahon as the frost rider...

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there anyone riding a P5x?

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jan Frodeno dropped his tracking device in T1.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Why is Frodeno not showing up on the GPS tracking page? Shows McMahon as the frost rider...

Looks like he has lost his transmitter.
Hopefully they can be in a pocked in the race suit in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rinny out of the water only about 3 minutes down?! She's in GREAT position.

No surprise, like I said, the lead Womens group dogged it after the turnaround. Looked like there would be a break going out, then they put on the brakes and let a lot of women back in the group, and of course let the other groups stay much closer. It may come back to haunt them later on, well for sure it will for most as Rinny runs by them in the first few miles rather than late in the race..And it doesn't hurt the dropped groups that the swim is not shorter too..
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see the commentators still haven't learned to take a breath. heh. Greg Welch just needs to talk slower and add in pauses. And when they swap talking, someone else doesn't need to take over in 0.2 of a second.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Is there anyone riding a P5x?"

8 or 10. freddy van lierde was the only rider who had one early. all the other cervelo athletes for which there was a P5X available were given the choice to ride their existing P5 or take a new P5X. most chose the latter. i believe jodie swallow is one one, both the wurteles, piampiano, etc.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Power13 wrote:

Looks like he has lost his transmitter.
Hopefully they can be in a pocked in the race suit in the future.

What about Potts? Tracker #4 is not moving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Is there anyone riding a P5x?"

8 or 10. freddy van lierde was the only rider who had one early. all the other cervelo athletes for which there was a P5X available were given the choice to ride their existing P5 or take a new P5X. most chose the latter. i believe jodie swallow is one one, both the wurteles, piampiano, etc.

Nice. All they need is a good finish and we will all shut up. Saw the Diamondback in transition. Well, maybe it will look better in black.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
I see the commentators still haven't learned to take a breath. heh. Greg Welch just needs to talk slower and add in pauses. And when they swap talking, someone else doesn't need to take over in 0.2 of a second.

you have to remember most of the audience is probably American (lots of razzamataz needed)
Quote Reply

Prev Next