Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's where professional production comes in: use people like Welch (or any other insider) to add insight; someone who can tell the narrative of the day professionally leads the cast. Does anyone here not think Phil Liggett (for only one example) would do a better PxP than Welch? Welch knows tri, but he's not a broadcaster and after X tries at this it's obvious he is either not capable or not interested in improving at it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ElGordo wrote:
That's where professional production comes in: use people like Welch (or any other insider) to add insight; someone who can tell the narrative of the day professionally leads the cast. Does anyone here not think Phil Liggett (for only one example) would do a better PxP than Welch? Welch knows tri, but he's not a broadcaster and after X tries at this it's obvious he is either not capable or not interested in improving at it.

Ah, no, Liggett is past his prime and does a horrible job. Makes a ton of mistakes when calling races over the past several years.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's her face earlier said that the running delta between Ryf and Rinny is about 10 minutes. Therefore, I'd agree with your interesting comment. However, I'd bet that Ryf will be more than 10 min up on Mirinda.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, adding Liggett will help.

/pink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanders just made the turn

Train to race. Race to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, why is ST's twitter feed not giving us updates throughout this race? Just curious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologize in advance if this is inappropriate in this thread. Some of you picked Dan Stubleski to win his age group. He took one of the Quarq Qollectors in our free trial. http://quarqrace.com/race/698

Troy@Quarq
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [flyingirish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flyingirish wrote:
Sanders just made the turn
3 minutes down and fastest to Hawi. Made up a minute on Kienle et al.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Dan, why is ST's twitter feed not giving us updates throughout this race? Just curious."

you're asking the wrong guy. i'll ask jordan at the next aid station ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [troy@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like weiss is gapping the front- see german feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sebi could fight Stallone in a sequel, say the words, "I must break you" and leave everyone believing that Rocky was going down

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice when they are showing Frodeno he seems to be out of the aero bars a lot...

Is it just happenstance for when they're showing him or is something maybe wrong? Back issues etc?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bujayman wrote:
Anyone else notice when they are showing Frodeno he seems to be out of the aero bars a lot...

Is it just happenstance for when they're showing him or is something maybe wrong? Back issues etc?

I think he's just sitting up to stay legal distance from the person in front of hm.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike just looks so odd and it also looks like he is fighting the cross-winds a lot due to the side-profile of the bike

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder how much DB is putting on the line for Weiss to lead the bike / set the fastest bike split.....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like wind picked up quite a bit over the morning. A few age groupers faster than Jesse and lionel through the 19 mile split.

As for Lionel I think we'll see him gain even more up the Hawi climb

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diamondback getting their money out of Weiss today.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rapp made the turn according to GPS about 2 minutes ago

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel is 3:01 down at the turn around.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [troy@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
troy@quarq wrote:
I apologize in advance if this is inappropriate in this thread. Some of you picked Dan Stubleski to win his age group. He took one of the Quarq Qollectors in our free trial. http://quarqrace.com/race/698

Troy@Quarq

been following him and Heath Dotson on your site. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Lionel is 3:01 down at the turn around.

Does he have his trusty camelback?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Yeah, adding Liggett will help.

/pink

The guy who probably could improve things is Matt Keenan, Aussie commentator who anchors most of the TV cycling coverage + does some ITU, Ironman & MTB work as well. He's not the expert that Mighty Mouse is but he has an eye for detail and stays close to social media, even during events. He really knows cycling but covers tri pretty well.

But honestly, I'm just glad to watch it at all. I can remember when I had to wait to read about it in a paper, days later and even then, just a summary.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders was 8 minutes down out of the swim. Announcer just said he is 3 minutes down now, making up 5 minutes in 60 miles on the bike.

The stache watch is on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flyingirish wrote:
That bike just looks so odd and it also looks like he is fighting the cross-winds a lot due to the side-profile of the bike
Yeah it seems he's got some struggles to control the bike. Like a very brief wind gust that knocks him off his line every now and then.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does he have his trusty camelback?
---
According to his Cupcakes interview, it wasn't a camelback but he forgot to drop off his dry clothes bag. His solution was just to tuck it into his kit so he wouldn't lose his stuff.

Quote Reply

Prev Next