Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Germany: Langener waldsee is closed!
Quote | Reply
Just thought that those of you planning to race in Frankfurt would like to hear today's news. (you will not find this in English or on official race sights as of yet.)

The lake in which the swim course is scheduled to take place was closed today because of high concentrations of Coli bacteria caused be goose droppings. Health officials will measure levels again on Friday and make a decision as to when and if the lake will re-open.

I am sure we will receive no official word from Ironman before this time.

Early indications seem to be positive that the lake will re-open before the race. However, I would not rule out the possibilty of an alternative race course. There is NO option for the swim to be held elsewhere..so...read possible duathlon.

I will let you know what I hear in my local news and german message boards.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Germany: Langener waldsee is closed! [ach7167] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...another reason to be racing at Quelle Challenge Roth :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Germany: Langener waldsee is closed! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm leaving for Frankfurt this Sunday. I'll be absolutely pissed if they cancel the swim. I'd rather take antibiotics and risk the e-coli. Please let us know if you hear anything further. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Germany: Langener waldsee is closed! [triwz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, very good news today.

A pupblic health official stated today that only one, of two samples taken, was high. Moreover, he would not take action to prevent the 'world's largest mass swim start' to take place.

The second piece of good news came from the race director who assured participants that the swim will take place. This message is only available in German but was posted today on the official Ironman Germany Webpage.

See you all on the 9th at the race meeting.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Germany: Langener waldsee is closed! [ach7167] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have friends at the very cool Rono-Innovations company in Germany and they actually assured me today that all is kosher at the Langener Waldsee and that there will be a swim as planned. Oh boy!
Not that I am a great swimmer, but I am going there to do an Ironman Triathlon, and see family and friends. :-)
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Germany: Langener waldsee is closed! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
I have friends at the very cool Rono-Innovations company in Germany and they actually assured me today that all is kosher at the Langener Waldsee and that there will be a swim as planned. Oh boy!
Not that I am a great swimmer, but I am going there to do an Ironman Triathlon, and see family and friends. :-)
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed/QR [/reply]

hi herbert,
waldsee is no problem at all. and there are 2 other lakes nearby, that could be used in urgent cases.

will we meet in ffm? i'm on saturday and sunday on fair und media center.

--
kind regards
Kai Baumgartner
Last edited by: kaihawaii: Jul 3, 04 1:41
Quote Reply