Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman California/Florida
Quote | Reply
I am using Wahoo Kickr and mostly Trainer Road though I have Zwift as well. Has anyone found out how/where to download and ride the actual courses? These are on the schedule for 2017. It appears Computrainer has Oceanside course which is more important.
Thanks in advance
Ron
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman California/Florida [Leftydiver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leftydiver wrote:
I am using Wahoo Kickr and mostly Trainer Road though I have Zwift as well. Has anyone found out how/where to download and ride the actual courses? These are on the schedule for 2017. It appears Computrainer has Oceanside course which is more important.
Thanks in advance
Ron

For Florida set it at race pace and ride. It's flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't help on the technical questions re TR and Zwift, this will be my 6th (? i think) Oceanside, i've ridden the CT course and it doesn't translate at all, at least for me. Just don't ride too hard on the front side, there are a couple false flats that will sap your legs. The "hills" are short, but the worst for me is the section between hill 1 and hill 2, a rolling false flat that mentally is tough. At about 42 ish miles it's downhill and really fast to the last right turn on Camp P (mile 48 ish?) where you either get headwinds (likely) or if no winds continues to be fast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I did for IMLP was to find someone who rode it, or look in the Best Bike Split courses and download the file out of there (after putting in the appropriate FTP and aero data to get your target time) and then drop it into workout creator. Pretty straight forward. Shoot me a message if you have Q's. Done this for a few races.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman California/Florida [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great idea. Thanks. I can figure that out
Quote Reply